My Mickey & Minnie Lamp

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Started out with ugly old brown milk jug: Painted the top black, bottom red: Once that dried, taped off then painted the yellow band: Cut the plastic globes, glued & taped til dry: Cut a patt

This has been quite a project. We are almost done with the painting. Just need to sand buttons and touch up. :) Yay! My husband is almost done with the globes and my daughter has been mastering her sk

I saw a few on craigs list around here a few days ago...keep checking there and you will likely find one!

Help!!!! So many reds, yellows and blues in the store.......what were the color names of the paint you all used when painting your Mickey Head lights? Thanks. :heart:

Judy, because we used the old metal cans, we used the gloss rustoleum paint. Gloss black, safety yellow, gloss white and sunrise red. Nice bright colors, goes on thick and will prevent can from rusting any further.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm good for a couple of really stupid questions per day. Here's the next one...

How in the heck do you remove the top from an old milk can? Are they threaded or do they just pull off?

I have one at home and want to start a project, but the lid will not come off and I don't want to destroy it.

Should I be trying to turn it, or is it rubber mallet time? (For the milk can, not me!)

I'm good for a couple of really stupid questions per day. Here's the next one...

How in the heck do you remove the top from an old milk can? Are they threaded or do they just pull off?

I have one at home and want to start a project, but the lid will not come off and I don't want to destroy it.

Should I be trying to turn it, or is it rubber mallet time? (For the milk can, not me!)

I just bought one from a garage sale and the lid was on real good ,I used a rubber mallet and a few good whacks and it popped off

Jen- Looks awesome!

Would this work on a can without a lid? A lot that I see on Craigslist in good condition don't have a lid.

It took us a while to find a way for the PVC pipe to be removable and stable from the milk jug. We found a rubber top for the size close to our pipe and then put it at the bottom of the jug with the hole on the top with rubber tubing to cover the edges so it wouldnt scratch pole. Then we cut the female size of the piping and use it for the top so it is easy to remove without having to unscrew the globe. Not sure how to do the pole without the top of the milk jug.