• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I liked it better when the #2 was black/yellow and being piloted by Rusty.......

Jr wins Daytona.

Oh did I mention 88 will win the 500 this year.

Blech!

I used to like Brad enough but lately he runs his big mouth too much, then tries to back pedal.

If you say it, back it up. If you can't back it up, keep your mouth shut.

But, as a NASCAR team, they had one hell of a year! They should be proud.

Gonna be a long winter. :waiting2-smiley:

I think Brad did pretty well backing up his mouth this year. He is the champion.

I'm not saying I agree with all of his mouth, same as Kyle's. But it is nice to see someone else as champion. Even though I ended up pulling for JJ at the end of the year.

My prediction for 2013....JJ/Chad have the advantage. New cars, new rules package and they are the best at adapting on the fly. Penske did well adapting to the fuel injection, but they will have a brand new engine to deal with.

They had an interesting discussion on Sirius this AM, did Dodge leaving the sport in 2013 hurt Dodge or Penske worse. I.e, hindsight being 20/20, you would think Dodge is kicking itself for finally winning the champioinship the year they are leaving NASCAR. But will Penske lose out, since they will be with Ford and have ot share any finding they find? And since Penske is running Rousch engines, this could get interesting.

I'm just waiting to see if Kyle resigns with Gibbs. And curious how RCR will fare in the long run. Especially with Kevin leaving after 2013 WITH the Bud sponsorship to SHR.

It's hard to say who got the worse end of that change. Penske will now be rolled into a large Ford stable & not be given the attention they'd got from Dodge. On the other hand Dodge could have made out really well if Penske hadn't left. Winning the championship gives them credability they never had before & maybe would have driven more teams to consider them. Maybe they were both equally screwed, only time will tell.

I think Brad did pretty well backing up his mouth this year. He is the champion.

Someone didn't put on their listening ear (Notice I said ear, singular)

The #2 team won the championship, and as I said before, they had a great year! That includes the entire team and Brad, as a driver.

Brad's mouth, is what lost him a lot of fans.

When JR, who was Brads ticket into Nascar and one of the least eloquent speakers, says:

"Brad says stupid stuff that he knows nothing about. His place is behind the wheel, not the microphone"

you know things are bad.

The two most recent ones that come to mind are

"Nascar should ban all meds, performance enhancements, and even Flintstone vitamins"

Spoken from a 27 year old who obviously has had no health problems, or deficiencies.

Let's not forget his infamous press conference after Texas where he dropped 20 F-bombs because "those guys acted like idiots and are trying to kill each other"

IMO, Brad doesn't have the experience or clout to wipe the sweat off of Gordon's brow. Jeff handled things as he saw fit, and ultimately paid a price.

Gordon's Daddy didn't threaten to

"Put my firesuit back on and take care of business" when Carl and his boy didn't see eye to eye.

That goes back to "Those that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

After taking a ton of flack for each of these incidents. he apologized and back pedaled, when confronted.

I would tell you what we call those kind of folks, but I'm pretty sure it's a filtered word.

My original point was that I used to like Brad, as a person, now I just think he's a hypocrite (and you know how I feel about that)

Again, as a driver and team, they did a hell of a job and deserved the championship!

Sounds like fun!! All I know is the cars go round and round and are really loud. This must be the NASCAR version of......

:techno:

:)) Yes, Carol both of those things are true!

Since your a football fan, I'll put it into those terms for you.

"Football players run back and forth on a field"

No, there's a lot more to it than that. Unless you learn the ins and outs, the goods, the bads, and all the rules, it would seem like grown men just running back and forth.

Nascar is just like that.

There's something amazing when 43 cars, running at almost 900 HP, go by you at full roar.

Shake you to the core good! :jumpforjoy

The #2 team won the championship, and as I said before, they had a great year! That includes the entire team and Brad, as a driver.

When JR, who was Brads ticket into Nascar and one of the least eloquent speakers, says:

"Brad says stupid stuff that he knows nothing about. His place is behind the wheel, not the microphone"

you know things are bad.

"Nascar should ban all meds, performance enhancements, and even Flintstone vitamins"

Spoken from a 27 year old who obviously has had no health problems, or deficiencies.

Let's not forget his infamous press conference after Texas where he dropped 20 F-bombs because "those guys acted like idiots and are trying to kill each other"

IMO, Brad doesn't have the experience or clout to wipe the sweat off of Gordon's brow. Jeff handled things as he saw fit, and ultimately paid a price.

"Put my firesuit back on and take care of business" when Carl and his boy didn't see eye to eye.

After taking a ton of flack for each of these incidents. he apologized and back pedaled, when confronted.

I would tell you what we call those kind of folks, but I'm pretty sure it's a filtered word.

My original point was that I used to like Brad, as a person, now I just think he's a hypocrite (and you know how I feel about that)

Again, as a driver and team, they did a hell of a job and deserved the championship!

Huh? Did you say something?

I miss when it was actually "stock" car racing

Donnie & I just had this discussion yesterday. I still love the sport but they have turned them into cookie cutter cars. Unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse.

Can't wait to see what the new cars will look like next year.

83 mo days until the 500!!!!!!!

They'll all have EXACTLY the same shape with different paint schemes. BRIAN HAS DECREED!!!!

Donnie & I just had this discussion yesterday. I still love the sport but they have turned them into cookie cutter cars. Unfortunately, I think it's only going to get worse.

Stef,

I used to be one of the biggest NASCAR fan but lately it has changed so much. I'm sure arguments can be drawn up all day on all the bs in NASCAR. I know the sport needs sponsors but it's greeting pretty lame to buy a razor because baby face Kyle Busch is using one or some cougars are chasing kasey Kane in a pink car. The worst thing is the cars are becoming more like RC cars. And who does the Busch boys think they are with their mouths. Kurt should have been asked to leave NASCAR after his stunt with dr Jerry Punch

you know things are bad.

:)) Yes, Carol both of those things are true!

Since your a football fan, I'll put it into those terms for you.

"Football players run back and forth on a field"

No, there's a lot more to it than that. Unless you learn the ins and outs, the goods, the bads, and all the rules, it would seem like grown men just running back and forth.

Nascar is just like that.

There's something amazing when 43 cars, running at almost 900 HP, go by you at full roar.

Shake you to the core good! :jumpforjoy

Well actually I'm just an Auburn fan. I really don't know a huge amount about football except when the right team is going the right direction or the right team stops the other team from going their direction. Now baseball is the sport I really know.

BRIAN HAS DECREED!!!!

:rofl2: When I read this quickly, I saw: "Brain has decreased"

Same thing I guess.

Stef,

I used to be one of the biggest NASCAR fan but lately it has changed so much. I'm sure arguments can be drawn up all day on all the bs in NASCAR. I know the sport needs sponsors but it's greeting pretty lame to buy a razor because baby face Kyle Busch is using one or some cougars are chasing kasey Kane in a pink car. The worst thing is the cars are becoming more like RC cars. And who does the Busch boys think they are with their mouths. Kurt should have been asked to leave NASCAR after his stunt with dr Jerry Punch

I agree with all of this. Reminds me of the movie Talledega Nights when Ricky Bobby put Wonder bread across his windshield, did the ads for the Chinese candy, or Tampons, or when they were at the dinner table and he said he had to mention Power Ade in every prayer, per his sponsor contract.

While it was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, it hits close to home. It's all about the almighty dollar.

As for Kurt, I don't think he'll ever learn until he is tossed to the curb!

Well actually I'm just an Auburn fan. I really don't know a huge amount about football except when the right team is going the right direction or the right team stops the other team from going their direction. Now baseball is the sport I really know.

Even better! A lot of people think baseball is boring. "a bunch of guys standing around on a field" Unless you understand the rules, it seems pretty silly.

If I could ever quit spending a small fortune at the Fort, I could drive up there and take you to the Talledega race! Everyone should experience it at least once. ^-^