I wanted to start this topic for some personal research/growth.

I want to see your favorite photopass pictures. Please keep this to just those photos taken by a DPI photographer at any Disney location.

I want to see what type of photos/poses/shots people like.

I'll put some up later but here are things I love. Magic shots (I don't think I need to explain why! They are awesome!).

Things that I don't like, when the photographer doesn't tell us we are off centered. I'll post one later for an example, or when they don't tell me my kid isn't looking up. I like some variety so that when I look at 3 years worth of photopass its not the same exact thing every year.

I'll put some up later but here are things I love. Magic shots (I don't think I need to explain why! They are awesome!).

Things that I don't like, when the photographer doesn't tell us we are off centered. I'll post one later for an example, or when they don't tell me my kid isn't looking up. I like some variety so that when I look at 3 years worth of photopass its not the same exact thing every year.

Sorry, but I hate the magic shots. Would never buy one.

I agree, I hate the character connection in EPCOT because of that. Plus the background seems to make no sense with anything.

Yes, we don't visit the character connection in EPCOT.

I can't figure out how to make the pics smaller in photobucket. It's smaller on there but when I post it here it's huge. can anyone help?

I wish the photographer would have told us to move a little bit. It drives me crazy that it's not centered. I guess we should have placed ourselves better but we weren't thinking about it.

Photo0003FourBySix.jpg

This has nothing to do with your question really but check out Mickey's shoe!

Photo0021FourBySix.jpg

I like this picture because it shows them interacting and not just posing for the pic.

Photo0052FourBySix.jpg

This was taken at the meet and greet in Storybook Circus. My son was just leaning on the pole because he was tired and the photopass guy moved him a little bit, had him hold his sword and took the pic. It is one of the best ones we have of his makeup and costume.

Photo0073FourBySix.jpg

I love the pictures they take when my son is running up to the character, and they are first interacting.

Also, one cool thing a photographer told us was to press his autograph book to his cheek after a princess (in this case it was Tink) kisses him, so the kiss transfers to the book.

Thanks all so far. This is exactly what I was looking for.

A couple of comments:

As a photographer, I dislike the cluttered backgrounds as well. It makes it hard to set up your shot and detracts from the main subject. Lets hope that when the new character spot opens in EPCOT, they have better theaming.

The centering. I am not defending the photographer, but centering a group of people is difficult when you have to shout from a distance and convey minute movements. If we get them close, sometimes its better than nothing. We do not want to waste the guests valuable time by positioning them for 10 mins for a couple of shots. The more people in the group the harder it becomes. When on a tripod (such as the location the photo was taken above) the photographer cannot be more than an arms length from the tripod and must have contact with it. Without the tripod they can just move to center the group.

Mickeys shoes get stepped on allot. That is a side effect of that. The first thing I notice is the photo is slanted some.

I love the candids. Those are my favorite to take.

While I'm not much of a fan of the pics where you hold your hands together and then an image is inserted after the fact, my friend Joyce says she LOVES this one of her granddaughter.

8C968890-86A6-4F34-B3EE-A288427FBB3D-14330-0000190D14732EFC.jpg

It must be hard to do the candid pics in the meet and greet areas when there are long lines.

In a meet and greet setting, those initial photos of the "first sighting" are the hardest but best if you can catch them. The problem is, the photographer has so much going on at one time at that instant and the guests are so excited that they run up to the characters so fast.

Here are some candids that I love....

He's next in line to meet Buzz and Woody

AbouttomeetBuzz-1.jpg

Buzz.jpg

First talking to Jake- He's a HUGE Jake fan

Photo1009FourBySix.jpg

I love this one of my husband. They are about to meet Mickey for the first time. Look how excited my husband looks. He pretends he's not a huge Disney person. This picture shows otherwise.

Photo0062FourBySix.jpg

• 2 months later...

I finally found my photopass cd a while back (serious panic attack until it was found) and did want to share some favorites.

The first one I love because of what was going on for that photo. For some reason my DS couldn't not get that Buzz wanted him to do a "thumb's up". Buzz took some time and got him to finally get the thumb and fingers in position while Woody watched and looked amused.

Photo0113FourBySix_zpsc0bb2652.jpg

Got it!!!!

Photo0114FourBySix_zps62b638d9.jpg

One of my favorite family pics from Epcot.

Photo0067FourBySix_zps071be578.jpg

And one of my favorite candid shots from the Phineas and Ferb meet and greet. They did so much interactive stuff with the kids, it was lots of fun.

Photo0182FourBySix_zps0f30a155.jpg

We love the photopass and will definitely be doing it for our next trip. Sure, not every photo is perfect but we all get to be in them for a change. Worth every penny. ^-^

I love the pictures they take when my son is running up to the character, and they are first interacting.

Also, one cool thing a photographer told us was to press his autograph book to his cheek after a princess (in this case it was Tink) kisses him, so the kiss transfers to the book.

That is a great idea!

• 3 months later...