Ignore. Just practicing posting pics (REMIX) aka Best Thread of 2010

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all had a lot of fun revisiting days gone by at the Fort and beyond.  Let's see if we can make the REMIX the Best Thread of 2011.  I'll start. Here is kampfiredad in his infamous plaid pants and my

I cannot remember the name of this attraction at Hollywood Studios, (then MGM Studios or Disney Studios).   It was the one where they took volunteers and placed them in different TV shows etc..   KFM

I'm ignoring the picture of Minnie Moo.  Just because it would make me hungry for a burger. 

Geez.  On another thread a fiend wants to shoot baby Bambi, and now you want to make burgers out of Minnie Moo.  What's this world coming to?

another shot of KFC  aka kampfirecuz... Julie, who was turned into a Disney nut by the KFFam.  She and her hubby are faithful in immersing their children in teh disney experience.  Go KFC!  I am on the left.  KFC is on the right.  Guess where we are going!?

KSCN0046.jpg

Obviously these are not going in chronological order.  Me and the Mouse, in one of the KFFam wild patterned garments no less.

KSCN0010-3.jpg

An old Contemporary Resort Bill.  Wow!  If I could get that price I'd never leave.

CRRessie73.jpg

For those who haven't caught on.... 

Because this is just better than old men on segways.

KSCN0032.jpg

I think I shall print that out wallet size and laminate it for my next trip to the butcher shop.

Or I would if I weren't ignoring this thread.

I would also tell comment again on the awesomeness of these photos but again...

:ignore9-22:

Awesome.  I actually heard you ignoring me in your own voice. and it made me miss you.   :heart:

An old Contemporary Resort Bill. Wow! If I could get that price I'd never leave.

CRRessie73.jpg

If I wasn't ignoring this thread I would post this screen shot.

image_zpsd0e942f2.jpg

Quite a comparison isn't it?  

667.jpg

Good work.  Carry on.

But you didn't get a magic band in 1973.  That's gotta be worth the extra $1,100.  

Magic bands make the increases since 1973 totally worth it.  FP+ is also an added bonus.  

OK, going back to Ray's question about 1973 ticket prices, here's a graphic that accompanied an article about the latest Disney World ticket price hike which appeared in this week's Tampa Bay Times:

ticketpricegraph_zps8b8bb2a8.jpg

As shown, the cost of admission was quite low in 1971.

In 1982, when Epcot opened, the ticket structure changed.  The A-E tickets were gone, and instead guests paid $9.50 to get in and enjoy all the attractions.

In 1989, when MGM Studios opened, the cost of a one day admission rose to $29.  This is what that looks like adjusted for inflation:

1989ticketprice_zps9c79cf86.jpg

In 1998, Animal Kingdom opened, and a one day admission was then $42.  This is what that looks like adjusted for inflation:

1998ticketprice_zps599a6e41.jpg

No matter how you look at it, the current ticket price far exceeds what used to be charged even when adjusted for inflation.

TCD

I am ignoring the fact that the Mouse is one greedy son of another mouse

Fixed that for you.  After all, this is a family show.   8)

If I was reading this thread and not ignoring it, I would ask Kim to post more pictures.

I would too, Yvonne!  It's a shame we're ignoring this.