Ignore. Just practicing posting pics (REMIX) aka Best Thread of 2010

1. How about that! I guess I ignored it a little to hard myself and missed that.

2. A lot of things used to be ok. Like swimming in Bay Lake.

Swimming in Bay Lake!!!

As long as I can remember swimming in any lake was a big no no.

The reason was always there's an amoeba or bacteria in the water.

Heck they would yell at you if you stuck your little toe in the water.

However last we were staying at the yacht club and there were kids wading in Crescent Lake right in front of 2 CMs. I asked one of the CM about it and she said as long as you don't swim it's ok. So of course me and DD waded out in the lake.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all had a lot of fun revisiting days gone by at the Fort and beyond.  Let's see if we can make the REMIX the Best Thread of 2011.  I'll start. Here is kampfiredad in his infamous plaid pants and my

I cannot remember the name of this attraction at Hollywood Studios, (then MGM Studios or Disney Studios).   It was the one where they took volunteers and placed them in different TV shows etc..   KFM

1. There was a property called "The Disney Inn". I had never heard of this resort so I googled it. It is now the Shades of Green resort

I have reservations for Shades of Green in November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend, and in January for the Marathon Week.

Swimming in Bay Lake!!!

As long as I can remember swimming in any lake was a big no no.

The reason was always there's an amoeba or bacteria in the water.

Heck they would yell at you if you stuck your little toe in the water.

However last we were staying at the yacht club and there were kids wading in Crescent Lake right in front of 2 CMs. I asked one of the CM about it and she said as long as you don't swim it's ok. So of course me and DD waded out in the lake.

There were even Lifeguards.  We were never attacked by an amoeba that I am aware of. 

Not only was swimming in Bay Lake OK, it was the only place at the Fort where a guest could swim.

The pools didn't come around until some time in the mid-80's.

Which is why Fort guests had privileges to use any other WDW pool.  Pool hopping was a perk for resort guests.

TCD

And it was glorious!  Then came River Country... **sigh**  a little slice of heaven in the form of an ole swimmin' hole.  

I have reservations for Shades of Green in November for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon weekend, and in January for the Marathon Week.

It's beautiful over there!!  Have a great time and good luck in the 1/2 and the Marathon.  :)

Promise to get some more ignore worthy stuff posted soon.  I can't seem to get focused.  

squirrel!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...