Campground between Knoxville and Chattanooga

It's me again! I think I ask more questions in this section than anyone else!

We usually head to the Fort from MI by way of 69 to 65 to 24 to 75. This time we are thinking of cutting over to 75 right when we hit Indiana. If we do this, I am thinking we will stop for the night between Knoxville and Chattanooga. Any campground suggestions?

Also suggestion for campgrounds on 24 between Nashville and Chattanooga would be great too!

Just looking at the wecamphere website.

There is a KOA at Cleveland, TN that I've stayed at. Pretty basic, but friendly folks and easy in and easy out.

I've also stayed at the Athens I-75 Campground. Very basic, but it had pullthroughs and worked for an easy overnighter.

There is also the Sweewater Valley KOA. Haven't stayed there, but KOAs are usually pretty reliable for quick overnighters.

Also, if you think you'll reach Chattanooga, there is the Best Holiday Trav-l-Park. I've stayed there also, and really liked it. (overnighter). DaveinTN has stayed there for several days and liked it.

There is a KOA at Cleveland, TN that I've stayed at. Pretty basic, but friendly folks and easy in and easy out.

I've also stayed at the Athens I-75 Campground. Very basic, but it had pullthroughs and worked for an easy overnighter.

There is also the Sweewater Valley KOA. Haven't stayed there, but KOAs are usually pretty reliable for quick overnighters.

A little off the highway (over a mile, narrrow 2 lane road) and some of the sites are a little tricky.

Also, if you think you'll reach Chattanooga, there is the Best Holiday Trav-l-Park. I've stayed there also, and really liked it. (overnighter). DaveinTN has stayed there for several days and liked it.

I prefer to drive the extra 5 miles to the KOA in Ringgold GA exit 350 for an overnight..Easy on and off the X-Way.(300 yds from the exit) We're staying here next Friday. The Holiday Trav-l-Park is nice, but a bit off the X-Way.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the Athens info. We stayed at Forsythe KOA our last trip, but thinking about stopping earlier this trip in TN.