DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

Biergarten is a favorite for us.

As it is for me now. I want to go back.

No. I don't want this report to end!

And I especially don't want to see any picture of your gut.

I noticed the pretzel bread on each of your plates before you even asked the question.

Well done!

I have never stepped foot in that restaurant.

I, like you, figured my girls would have no interest in it.

But, I am interested.

They like pretzel bread.

That may be enough to get them to go.

I'm really hungry now.

TCD

You MUST go. It's a lot of fun, and there is enough food to interest even someone not crazy about German food. Go!

Want to go in July? Sil and I are going but the place is more fun with a crowd.

There you go, Andrew. No excuse now.

Great update! We always liked the Biergarten I am not shocked at all that BOG is cheaper though. Our last Biergarten bill gave us a near stroke. Good thing we had charging privileges on our KTTW card. :))

Bracing myself for the belly shot. ;D

Yeah, it was not cheap. At all. But at least it was good food, and fun.

Count us in the "haven't been there yet" crowd too. Brian cannot be convinced that he will enjoy this, even though I tell him he's crazy.

Ok, so maybe I tell him that a lot and he's stopped listening.

Definitely somewhere I need to try one of these days.

Don't give him the option. Tell him no sushi until you've tried Biergarten.

no video of anna dancing?

Good question...I am thinking there was some in Gwen's video of the trip. Will have to go back and look.

We have only gotten sausage and pretzels at the quick service spot just outside of Biergarten. When ever I bring up going back to Disney Drew right away mentions about wanting to go to the Biergarten restaurant.

That's all we had done before now. Which I love too. And it's a heck of a lot cheaper. An Octoberfest beer and a sausage and I'd be quite happy.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

Great pony pic!

One of our times talking to a barn worker, he told us one of those Cinderella ponies was so crazy they had to put it in a small pen so it couldn't get a running start and jump out of its pen. Wonder if that's the same one?

I'm not much of a German food fan but a pretzel roll and that beer may tempt me into Beirgarten.

Thanks for redeeming yourself with smiley Anna.

Oooh... dem's fightin' words!

:naughtywave:

Great pony pic!

One of our times talking to a barn worker, he told us one of those Cinderella ponies was so crazy they had to put it in a small pen so it couldn't get a running start and jump out of its pen. Wonder if that's the same one?

I'm not much of a German food fan but a pretzel roll and that beer may tempt me into Beirgarten.

Thanks for redeeming yourself with smiley Anna.

Could certainly be the same pony. That thing was NUTS!

For a beer and pretzel roll...I wouldn't drop that much cash for Biergarten. Wait for F&W, get a sausage on a pretzel roll, and give the sausage to TCD.

We had a great time and great food in November at Biergarten. David even liked it, even though I had to practically drag him there.

I don't want this TR to end either!

I think a lot of people that don't think they like German food actually do like it when they try it. Plus, the stuff at Biergarten isn't crazy weird...like all ethnic foods at Disney it's pretty safe for American tastes.

Caught up. Ok a few comments.

First the Tiki room does not SMB. It's a nice place to get out of the heat and take a quick nap.

Loved the Josie and Anna pictures.

Thanks for the random Anna pictures and that reminds me you been neglecting the Anna thread and now that your almost thru with this TR get back to work.

Your Oma would not like the fact you haven't been to the Biergarten till this last trip.

Pretzel bread rocks!

Biergarten is the only restaurant I have to eat at every time we go to WDW.

Thanks for all the great stories and pictures.

Sorry it's ending.

Ok, all you people who have missed out on one of the best restaurants at WDW that think they don't they would like German food and its too expensive. Here's a little food for thought.

They don't advertise it as a dinner show but they have a great show with music and singing and the kids and the adults always have a good time.

Biergarten is a buffet with lots of variety so even picky eaters will find something they like.

Foods you may like and didn't realize are from Germany or a version of German recipes.

Hot dog. Ok this one obvious.

Hamburger. It was originally called "steak in the Hamburg still until a clever American put it on a bun.

Chicken fried steak. Germans call it Weiner Schnitzel or just schnitzel and no its not a hot dog. It is traditionally with a thin veal cutlet but can also be made with a pork cutlet and can be served with without a sauce/gravy. German immigrants in Texas used a tenderized steak which we now call chicken fried steak.

Beer. Ok maybe beer wasn't created by Germans but IMHO they perfected it.

So do yourself a favor and go enjoy great food, beer, music, and entertainment at Epcot's Biergarten.

And now back to your regular scheduled programming.

Caught up. Ok a few comments.

First the Tiki room does not SMB. It's a nice place to get out of the heat and take a quick nap.

Loved the Josie and Anna pictures.

Thanks for the random Anna pictures and that reminds me you been neglecting the Anna thread and now that your almost thru with this TR get back to work.

Your Oma would not like the fact you haven't been to the Biergarten till this last trip.

Pretzel bread rocks!

Biergarten is the only restaurant I have to eat at every time we go to WDW.

Thanks for all the great stories and pictures.

Sorry it's ending.

I think you are on to something with the Tiki Room as napping lounge thing. Brilliant.

And I agree on Biergarten...must go back!

Ok, all you people who have missed out on one of the best restaurants at WDW that think they don't they would like German food and its too expensive. Here's a little food for thought.

They don't advertise it as a dinner show but they have a great show with music and singing and the kids and the adults always have a good time.

Biergarten is a buffet with lots of variety so even picky eaters will find something they like.

Foods you may like and didn't realize are from Germany or a version of German recipes.

Hot dog. Ok this one obvious.

Hamburger. It was originally called "steak in the Hamburg still until a clever American put it on a bun.

Chicken fried steak. Germans call it Weiner Schnitzel or just schnitzel and no its not a hot dog. It is traditionally with a thin veal cutlet but can also be made with a pork cutlet and can be served with without a sauce/gravy. German immigrants in Texas used a tenderized steak which we now call chicken fried steak.

Beer. Ok maybe beer wasn't created by Germans but IMHO they perfected it.

So do yourself a favor and go enjoy great food, beer, music, and entertainment at Epcot's Biergarten.

And now back to your regular scheduled programming.

Thank you for that Biergarten commercial, Ray. Maybe you've convinced Mo, TCD and any other stragglers that they need to go.

All Hail The Oompah Belly!

Well folks...this is it. We've reached the end of this report. Only a few more pictures to post, and then it'll be a wrap.

First, we have some business to get behind us. In the last update, I told you how much I had eaten at Biergarten. And how full I was. At the end of the meal, I looked down as I was patting my belly and noticed that my shirt buttons were feeling a bit strained. One of them was close to popping. I considered calling in the Army Corps of Engineers to do some stress testing on it. But I figured that it would probably hold.

But I wanted to commemorate the meal. So I took a picture.

Yes, I know that's weird. And I understand if you divert your eyes momentarily. It's not pretty.

Ladies and gentlemen....I present to you....

the Oompah Belly.

DSCN1942.JPG

Just looking at the picture reminds me of how good that meal was.

Awesome stuff.

Ok, those of you that looked away can tune back in now. We are leaving Biergarten and making our way toward to front of Epcot. Unfortunately, we are heading back to the Fort. To get a good night's sleep. Because tomorrow we have a long drive ahead of us.

Along the way, we took a few more stupid hat pictures.

DSCN1945.JPG

Oh, sorry.

Maybe I should have had you divert your eyes until after that pic.

My mistake. These next ones are cuter.

DSCN1943.JPG

DSCN1944.JPG

They certainly pull off the look better than I do.

If my memory serves me correctly, the girls had some TT FP's to use. Which they did. But before long, we couldn't delay the inevitable. It was time to go.

One last picture on our way out the gate.

DSCN1947.JPG

And that was that. We hit the bus back to the Fort. I wrapped up the last of the packing and hitching, and we hit the hay.

The next day went very well...we made the drive easily in one day, and were back in our hometown in time to grab dinner at Cracker Barrel before heading to the house.

This trip was over. Done. Which is sad. It's always sad, but this time we are not sure when our next Fort trip will be. It won't be in 2013. And possibly not in 2014 either. We have a lot going on in our lives, and Disney trips will have to take a back seat for a while. But at least we went out in style. 2 weeks at the Fort! Lots of park time. Lots of Fort time. And best of all...we met some new Fiends and saw old FrIENDS too!

I'm sorry that I didn't mention all my Fiend encounters during the report. I was never quite sure on what day they happened. But let me just say, it was AWESOME to meet the Family of Bears, the MD Family, Fortpartyof4, Millermouseketeers, Drafthorsecrazy, plus see so many Fiends again that we've come to know, love and think of as family. I know I'm forgetting some of you....it's not that I didn't enjoy our encounters but my mind is overtaxed these days and operating on 1 1/2 cylinders. Just know that seeing you all made this trip extra special.

So on that note....that's that. Kind of fitting that I finished this report exactly one month from the day I started it.

That's one month of your life you'll never get back.

See ya next time!

Great Trip Report, although it took a long time to catch up, but I finally did.

We are Cheerwine family too. Here in northeast Ohio there is a BBQ place that serves it fountain in the restaurant and by the case for carryout orders. My husband mixes the Cheerwine with Coke when we eat in. It's a great combo.

I knew that, raising your kids during the time you have, you must have been familiar with the general concept of Waldo. He is pretty gone now, as far as I know, so I don't think my kids are that familiar with him. Thankfully.

My children although much younger are also Waldo finding fans, especially my kindergarten son.

Excellent photos on BOG food. The steaks did look delicious. So what does the grey stuff taste like ?

Dave's tasted like cookies and cream and mine a few days earlier tasted like almond. Weird.

We went to the Tiki Room.

I really didn't think it was terrible. I sort of thought it was a cute show. But after the show when I expressed that opinion to INC and Izzy, Izzy simply stated "that thing sucks the life outta ya". So I guess I was wrong. Apparently the Tiki Room SMB. Are you all with Izzy or with me?

Have I ever mentioned how much I hate the MSEP? I'm pretty sure I have, on several occassions. But just in case you weren't aware....I hate the MSEP.

It's on my SMB list.

DSCN1889.JPG

The BuckeyeFortFamily loves the Tiki room and has been known to break out in the tiki room song at the breakfast table while recalling fond memories of Disney vacations.

We also love the MSEP, especially because of Elliot (that's why I left his picture).

If you might remember the BuckeyeFortFan was once known as Elliot in another life.

For the record: I don't like Anna crying pics. :(

Totally with Stef on this one.

Who was taking pictures of that poor child while she was scared? ??? That's about as bad as hiding from your children because you don't want to share a snack with them.

Thank you. Those weird Spectro "dolls/characters" at the beginning remind me of Chucky. Creepy.

You are so right. We love MSEP and the kids are totally freaked out by the Creepy guys in Spectro. Whenever they hear spectro music they know whats coming and they get freaked out.

I am totally bummed there is no "next trip" on the books for your family! I know just knowing when we are going back is half the fun.

oh sure, I finally get back to reading and you end it. That, IMHO SMB... and now you tell me that you won't be bringing my pool-hopping accomplice back to the fort for how long?? way to give the dancemom a complex there Dave.

BTW - terrific TR. Loved every word of it. Thanks for sharing it! :heartsmiley:

Dave, great report. So awesome that you went out in style for 2 weeks. We are a lot like you and have a ton of stuff going in in our lives right now. We are actually canceling our annual trip to Tenn. for the 4th of July this year and don't really know when we will get back up that way. Hopefully next time your at the fort so are we. I would love to drink so brewskis with ya.

I enjoyed your report! Your girls are beautiful. I wish we had met your family since we were there at the same time and have kids close in age (although I only have three!).

We enjoy the Biergarten- even my picky son can find something he likes. My husband and I really like the beer. My favorite was the Franzikaner Weiss. I don't know if they still have it, but it was great. I like that INC got the large size beer. My kind of girl! Biergarten is definitely expensive for a large family so we didn't go this last trip. Maybe next time.