DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

Bravo! Bravo!

Thanks for bring us along. God bless you and yours!

Thank you Ray! Glad to have you along.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us Dave!

Thanks for reading, Jason!

That was an awesome trip report!!!!!

Thanks Carol!!

Great Trip Report, although it took a long time to catch up, but I finally did.

We are Cheerwine family too. Here in northeast Ohio there is a BBQ place that serves it fountain in the restaurant and by the case for carryout orders. My husband mixes the Cheerwine with Coke when we eat in. It's a great combo.

My children although much younger are also Waldo finding fans, especially my kindergarten son.

Dave's tasted like cookies and cream and mine a few days earlier tasted like almond. Weird.

The BuckeyeFortFamily loves the Tiki room and has been known to break out in the tiki room song at the breakfast table while recalling fond memories of Disney vacations.

We also love the MSEP, especially because of Elliot (that's why I left his picture).

If you might remember the BuckeyeFortFan was once known as Elliot in another life.

Totally with Stef on this one.

Who was taking pictures of that poor child while she was scared? ??? That's about as bad as hiding from your children because you don't want to share a snack with them.

You are so right. We love MSEP and the kids are totally freaked out by the Creepy guys in Spectro. Whenever they hear spectro music they know whats coming and they get freaked out.

I am totally bummed there is no "next trip" on the books for your family! I know just knowing when we are going back is half the fun.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

As you probably know, I do enjoy stirring up some controversy in my trip reports now and then. But not liking Spectro is just wrong! ;)

Superfantastic TR, Dave. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for reading, Mo!

Yes, yes. Thanks for sharing. Wonderful trip report.

Thank you Bo!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

I am sulking and that is all

I'm sorry Nicki....although there just MAY be another video that I dug up last night. Not of Anna...but of another beloved character from this report. I have to see if I can get it posted.

oh sure, I finally get back to reading and you end it. That, IMHO SMB... and now you tell me that you won't be bringing my pool-hopping accomplice back to the fort for how long?? way to give the dancemom a complex there Dave.

BTW - terrific TR. Loved every word of it. Thanks for sharing it! :heartsmiley:

I know Pam! Not planning a trip stinks. But thanks for reading!

Great trip report.

Thank you!

Dave, great report. So awesome that you went out in style for 2 weeks. We are a lot like you and have a ton of stuff going in in our lives right now. We are actually canceling our annual trip to Tenn. for the 4th of July this year and don't really know when we will get back up that way. Hopefully next time your at the fort so are we. I would love to drink so brewskis with ya.

I'm sorry to hear you are canceling your TN trip this year...I know how much of a tradition that is for your family. I look forward to sharing those beers someday with you.

Ok, big deal, so it was a great TR about a great family at WDW, big whoop. Like Dave had anything to do with that.

Uhh,.... maybe he did, nah.

I'm touched. Or maybe I'm not. I'll just say thank you for not reading my report.

Great report! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thanks for reading along!

I enjoyed your report! Your girls are beautiful. I wish we had met your family since we were there at the same time and have kids close in age (although I only have three!).

We enjoy the Biergarten- even my picky son can find something he likes. My husband and I really like the beer. My favorite was the Franzikaner Weiss. I don't know if they still have it, but it was great. I like that INC got the large size beer. My kind of girl! Biergarten is definitely expensive for a large family so we didn't go this last trip. Maybe next time.

I wish we had met up too! That's one of the bad parts about doing parks...missed opportunities to meet Fiends.

Glad you are another Biergarten fan. We sure had fun and I hope to go back someday. But yes, it is pricey!

Great report!

MSEP does not SMB. The proof is looking at Z while he watches it. So there! :)

I cannot argue with that logic. I know EXACTLY where you are coming from! :)

From beginning to end.... another STELLAR report !!! Loved it!

Bravo!

Kudos!

Magnifico!

Excellente!

YOu get the idea. :)

Coming from a master trip report writer, those words mean something! Thanks Kim!

What she said. I can't say it any better!

Thank you for reading along and commenting Gwen. When you are writing a trip report, it's the comments from people that keep you motivated. Thanks for that!

I really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for taking the time to do it. I even insisted my husband look at the pictures from BOG to convince him to try it this fall. Not sure about Germany yet though. We ate somewhere similar at Busch Gardens in Virginia last summer, the kids were less than thrilled, although I liked it.

Also enjoyed the crazy pony video. It reminded me of our dog, she will tear around our house like that if she gets excited!

Mo, don't put that "don't poke the bear" smiley away.

They already have that publication schmuck face, no offense. Besides, it's Big Kahuna and he take it and he'll give it right back to me.

Where was I? Oh ya, the publication is called "Eyes and Ears", and every month it's filled with story after story about great CMs. There is no shortage of them. So no need to REMIND CMs what the vast majority, not all, of them already know.

Now get on the bus, sit down, and be quiet while I drive.

Hey Captain Curmudgeon, :rofl2:

I figured that Disney had some type of publication, and I still say that Dave should do it. After all, it makes the idiot managers do something. Hell I figure that it must kill them to actually document that an employee got a compliment or did a good job. My god that must be like doing actual work.... Managers working... now that's frightening.... I'm sure that they would rather just have everyone believe that they make it all work and deserve the bonuses and accolades instead of the employees. I like to acknowledge employees who do a good job, so that the mangers might have a clue that good people work for them.

In all sincerity Lou, I'm that guy that does not expect "magic" at Disney.. I do thank people and wish them a nice day like bus drivers, restroom attendants, security, and others who work to make it happen, but get shafted on acknowledgment. As far as the guest with an attitude on the bus, she is part of the "whackin crowd". You've seen them... Everyday at 5 PM in any part of Disney you can experience them. They are the families that have "invested a small fortune in this vacation" and everyone is going to have a magical time or else. Kids are tired, parents are tired and at 5 PM the meltdowns begin. Followed shortly by the beatings. People with unrealistic expectations usually are disappointed. I like to go and have fun.. Don't expect anything but try to provide courtesy to those I meet, and sometimes... magic happens... when it does I'm grateful... but I never expect it. I get drama at work, why would I take it on vacation... :nahnah:

I really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for taking the time to do it. I even insisted my husband look at the pictures from BOG to convince him to try it this fall. Not sure about Germany yet though. We ate somewhere similar at Busch Gardens in Virginia last summer, the kids were less than thrilled, although I liked it.

Also enjoyed the crazy pony video. It reminded me of our dog, she will tear around our house like that if she gets excited!

I know you will enjoy BOG. If the kids aren't crazy about the German food...there are other places to spend your money as you know. LOL.

Now Dave...

Thanks for the excellent trip report... I am sorry it's over... and your Biergarten report convinced me to book it. August 2nd I'll be there for lunch..

Awesome! I hope you enjoy it.

Go Pony Go! Yee ha!!!

Now that pony is a party.

That pony has some major energy. I bet its name is Anna.

BONUS FEATURES

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present...."Crazy Pony".

If I were Cindy, I'd think twice about getting into any carriage pulled by this nut.

I'll bet that pony could get the carriage up on two wheels! Mr. Toads Wild Ride... Carriage style. :))

That pony has some major energy. I bet its name is Anna.

I am willing to bet the horsey's name is Gabe. There are similarities... :rofl2:

Outstanding report Dave!

I hope your shirt didn't suffer any permanent damage from the button stress.

Sad that it's over. Will look forward to the next report with your beautiful family. :wave1:

I'll bet that pony could get the carriage up on two wheels! Mr. Toads Wild Ride... Carriage style. :))

I am willing to bet the horsey's name is Gabe. There are similarities... :rofl2:

LOL! You may be right...on both counts.

Anna...Gabe....they could both give that pony a run for its money.

Outstanding report Dave!

I hope your shirt didn't suffer any permanent damage from the button stress.

Sad that it's over. Will look forward to the next report with your beautiful family. :wave1:

Thanks for reading Stef! And i think the shirt survived...this time.

Thanks for sharing Dave!!!

Sorry you don't know when the next trip is, but there is always the Peace Corps for the girls......

Maybe I should enlist in the Peace Corps. Might be a good way to get some sleep.

Great job on this TR, Dave!

I have something to add about the wild pony.

When we saw the Christmas parade in December, I noticed a CM had to walk next to a pony, who was acting a little wild:

122212099.jpg

I'll bet that's your wild pony!

TCD

I bet you are right!

Something ain't right with that pony.