Epcot Flower & Garden Festival 2013

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those DW floats with spiced rum have been available at Aloha Isle in the MK for years. You just need to carry a couple of these minis in your diaper bag.

Just got back from EPCOT. Took 291 pictures, only a couple of desserts from Norway.

You both have no idea how the wheels are turning in my head right now....

Orlando Attractions magazine has posted an article on the 20th annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival, which will be held from March 6 through May 19, 2013, including what's new for this year's festival...

I realize that you live and breathe for Food & Wine Festival - don't get my hopes up that this article is about it :)

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney Food Blog is reporting on some tasty additions to the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival menu, including a DOLE WHIP PINEAPPLE FLOAT WITH SPICED RUM!!!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/01/23/news-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-menu-items-announced/

Some excerpts...

Menu Items Will Include:

• Shrimp with Grits
  • Zellwood Corn
  • Angel Food Cake with macerated Florida Berries
  • Watermelon Salad with Pickled Red Onions
  • Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction
  • Sweet “Frushi” made with Fresh Fruits and Coconut Rice
  • Nonalcoholic drinks will include chilled rose blush lemonade and strawberry slush

AND….

Dole Whip with Spiced Rum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, please!!

Step-2-Dole-Whip-Float-Aloha-Isle-397x625.jpg

The Classic Dole Whip Float Will Get A "Floater" At The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

...To showcase these goodies, 12 specialty themed marketplaces will be set up around Epcot.

The Disney Food Blog is reporting on some tasty additions to the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival menu, including a DOLE WHIP PINEAPPLE FLOAT WITH SPICED RUM!!!

http://www.disneyfoo...tems-announced/

Some excerpts...

We'll be there, so I will take one for the team and try it. :)

The Disney Food Blog has posted updated menus and photos...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/01/25/updates-food-photos-of-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-menu-items-plus-new-marketplaces/

Excerpts...

Shrimp-and-Stone-Ground-Grits-with-Andouille-Sausage-fresh-Zellwood-Corn-Tomatoes-and-Cilantro-600x399.jpg

Shrimp and Stone Ground Grits with Andouille Sausage, fresh Zellwood Corn, Tomatoes and Cilantro

Watermelon-Salad-with-pickled-Red-Onions-Baby-Arugula-Feta-Cheese-and-Balsamic-Reduction-600x399.jpg

Watermelon Salad with pickled Red Onions, Baby Arugula, Feta Cheese and Balsamic Reduction

Barbecue1-600x399.jpg

Pulled Pig Slider with Cole Slaw

Watermelon-Passion-Fruit-Cocktail-Orange-Blossom-Pilsner-both-Florida-Fresh-marketplace-and-Blueberry-Blue-wine-Fruits-by-the-Glass-marketplace-416x625.jpg

Watermelon Passion Fruit Cocktail, Orange Blossom Pilsner (both Florida Fresh marketplace) and Blueberry Blue wine (Fruits by the Glass marketplace)

Chilled-Rose-Blush-Lemonade-The-Cottage-marketplace-near-UK-pavilion-Frozen-Desert-Violet-Lemonade-Pineapple-Promenade-marketplace-and-Strawberry-Slush-600x399.jpg

Chilled Rose Blush Lemonade (The Cottage marketplace near UK pavilion), Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (Pineapple Promenade marketplace) and Strawberry Slush

And don't forget!!!

Step-2-Dole-Whip-Float-Aloha-Isle-397x625.jpg

The Classic Dole Whip Float Will Get A "Floater" At The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival

http://www.disneyfoo...tems-announced/

Some excerpts...

I may just spend my entire time in this area. What could be better in life than a Dole Whip with Spiced Rum at Epcot. Life doesn't get any better.

Agreed! Find a spot next to a beautiful floral display (take your pick!) and ENJOY.

Is Flower & Garden a big draw for Rick with his photography? I would imagine you could shoot for days and days there.

You could say that it's a big draw. We have some incredible pictures, but it's slow moving because every few feet we stop to take a picture of something and there may be multiple angles to shoot from, day and night. Nice memories, but it takes us about 2 days to cover everything. At least this year I will have a wonderful beverage to enjoy while I'm waiting.

LOL!! I figured that would be the answer. I predict many Dole Whip Rum Floats in Barb's future!

I can't even imagine what I'd be like with my little point and shoot, never mind if I had real equipment and actually knew what I was doing!

Once he's done sorting through them all you'll have to share some of your faves.

Of course that might be what.... August? :rofl2:

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney Food Blog just posted a new article - and interview with Epcot Park Event Content Development Manager Michael Jenner (head honcho when it comes to food at this year’s Flower and Garden Festival) with some news and recommendations on the food and beverage offerings at this year's event...

http://www.disneyfoo...l-marketplaces/

Also included are listings of the food and drink menus at the various booths.