• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Something else to consider for those that might make the argument "well I just want information, not all the banter" There are LOADS of places on the web to get "just the facts ma'am." Anyone ever hea

You know, I have "heard" that other boards are better without certain people. (posted recently elsewhere) Frankly, I don't know of anyone that would be better elsewhere but here. This is not the pla

That's great, Lorna. I could give several examples to add to this list that would demonstrate the community that has developed here. And in case any lurkers or newbies think this is a "closed group"

:rofl2:

What can I say, Doodle is my hero! :heartsmiley:

Ooh but I forgot something...

Another hazard of less-than-active forums is that you get people who get a bit too excitable (or... something) and post inaccurate or blatantly wrong information. The other thing I see a lot is, because it can take so long for someone to get a reply to a question, you'll get people who post, trying to be helpful, with a lot of "I think," "I'm not sure but," "I've heard that," "Last time I was there (10 years ago)," answers - sometimes from people that may never have even been to the Fort. Sometimes that information sits there for days and days before someone corrects it. Sometimes it's never corrected.

Not to say that everyone here is a genius know-it-all, or that we always get everything spot-on, but when we don't, you can be sure that the correct information will be along momentarily. And better yet, if it's a question about something currently going on at the Fort and no one has the answer handy, you can pretty much count on a Fiend at the Fort getting you that information - often with pictures, and often the same day!

Oh yeah and the one thing you WON'T see here is people with no interest in the Fort or camping dropping those annoying "why in the world would anyone want to camp at Disney" posts.

:mh1:

Oh, it gets better!

Why in the world would you go camping at Disney and not go into the parks?!?

'Cause it's the Fort? Duh!! ;)

You know what else being a Fiend is all about?

Logging onto FF.net and finding nearly A PAGE AND A HALF of content that's new in the past 24 hours including - awesome trip reports and a BOATLOAD of camping, Fort and WDW information.

That's right folks, the Fiends provide CONTENT! CONTENT! CONTENT!

:bravo:

Shardi sent me two of each park map and two of the new fantasyland maps for the younglings!

We plan to put them along with a new disney dvd in their car seats the night before we leave.

DD - Tangled

DS - Mater's Tall Tales

It is good to be a fiend.

Thanks Shardi!!

There sure are a lot of new informative & entertaining posts here every day. Mo's above was almost long enough to make me worry about losing my unofficial official longest post poster status. I should ramble a bit now just to be sure she doesn't get my title. Instead I've got to tel you about something that just happened.

I opened this thread a few minutes ago to catch up, only to be interrupted by a phone call from a fiend on the other end of the country who was standing in a long line waiting to pick up an almost-impossible-to-get-rather-pricey-disney-treasure I only mentioned wanting here yesterday. When I asked if I could pay for it in advance, her response was "I trust you, we'll take care of it when i get home." I have family members who wouldn't be this kind and I'm sure some of you probably do too. I am sitting here at this moment totally amazed - and not for the first time I might add - at the friendship & generosity of fiends.

I've said it before and I'll say it again --- FIENDS RULE!! :heartsmiley:

Being a sometimes single woman with some physical limitations, I would NEVER have gone camping alone. But with the Fiends I do it all the time. I know they're there to help me if I need it, they keep an eye on me, they oftentimes feed me (I hate cooking), they've become my shrinks, they're great marriage counselors, always there when you need them, they're entertaining, and they're simply kind and loving people. I'm closer to some of them than to members of my family. They ARE family to me! And I love them :heartsmiley:

I retract my mealy mouth little - oh the Fiends are wonderful because they helped us back in and left a note". Seems meaningless and silly after spending time reading about Anna's adoption story and how the Fiends supported Dave and his family. Not with the usual in the beginning getting caught in the emotion...but with ongoing, genuine support in a myriad of ways. Like many, I cried as I read and I do wish I had been in since the beginning. After reading about Anna, my DH said it best - "That's Kingdom work. A life lesson in what's really important." DH had tears in his eyes as well. The cyber world is often weird but y'all are an amazing example of people coming together for fun and for the real stuff of living.

Much admiration!

Sherri

It's like I said to someone the other day on facebook (who I met thanks to the fiends), I feel as though we are so much alike, just different enough to make it interesting, and we get along so well, it feels like we've been friends for many many years. Maybe in our hearts we always have been. And I think we always will be great friends. And whether you've been around since the big bang happened (like Jen and Lorna and Donnie, etc.) or you're brand new to the group, it doesn't matter. Still family.

Fiends are great People! I have really enjoyed how much information you get from the Fiends. I read and learn all the time through trip reports and campground questions! There's no doubt the fiends are a wealth of information and fun!

In person there even more fun to be around!

Thanks!

Since we're only 2 days away from Snarky's 2nd birthday, and because we've had so many new people join up in the past couple of weeks (WELCOME ALL!!), I thought this was the perfect time to bump this thread again!

Long live Snarky™ and the Family of FrIENDS!

:heartsmiley: