Solo trip, 5k and the Fort in January

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So before I start getting any angry PM's that I haven't started my trip report yet I figure I better get going. This trip was very different for me for a few reasons. The biggest one being because I w

Continuing on..It's 5k day. I had my alarm set to wake me up at 4:30. I was supposed to meet up with Ed to ride over with him but we had separately realized the day before that they actually were run

Usually I am not....as it turns out drop me in DIsney World with no car, No wife to watch out for and a pay day and things change...as well will see over the next few days of the trip.

You were busy! I'm glad you had a good trip with nice weather.

I'll bet that tree frog glows in the dark from living in the electric box.

That Italian sub looks delish. But I still prefer the Italian drivers in Stef's TR.

it can't be time to leave yet...

Sadly I only have about one update left. May have to be two if I come up with too many pictures.

:jumpforjoy Good job on getting a food pic! I had forgotten that I made macaroni salad and I never did get a shot of the subs until they were almost gone.

Visiting too much?! No way, we enjoyed every minute with you.

In the short time that you've known me, you got me figured out. I would have ran off somewhere had I had enough of you.

Jordo didn't mind the pic, he's used to it!

Canto loopy is on my list of drinks for my next Epcot trip. Delicious....and healthy, right? I mean, it's fruit, it's got to be good for you. ^-^

I will be eternally grateful for all your help that week!!

The help was my pleasure. I also forgot that you made Baked Beans in the crockpot as well. Although I never figured out why with all the guys around. Ohana!

Great update!

Dude Sunday sucked Donkey Balls. Having to leave and go back to the "real" world! So happy you swung by before we left!!!

I was glad I got you guys before you left. I was definitely in a funk that day and had just a little drama thrown in during pack up that made me think I should neve have packed up.

Sloth loves Chunk?

Lou will be along shortly to marvel at the technological marvel known as the highway in the sky.

I heard rumor that he has the whole toy monorail playset setup in his living room.

Great job helping with Jordan's party. That was very nice of you.

Believe me it was an honor and a privelege(aw heck I just tried 10 ways of spelling that and it's still wrong) you know what I mean) to help Jordan have a great night

You were busy! I'm glad you had a good trip with nice weather.

I'll bet that tree frog glows in the dark from living in the electric box.

That Italian sub looks delish. But I still prefer the Italian drivers in Stef's TR.

Too each their own..The sub was great though.

Yummy!

Absolutely. I think I have to plan my vacations around Stef's cooking every trip.

The burger looks really good right now too. I am starving.

Me too and since Sil is at her grad school class tonight I am on my own for whatever I want.

A Jason TR of Awesomenss!!! (sorry I'm late. boo to me) Great job!~

Anytime is a great time to join. Glad you could make it.

This one may wrap it up. I haven't counted my pictures yet to see.

The last morning had arrived. Originally I had ressies for Kona for breakfast but after a late night at Stef's and with pack-up ahead of me I decided to skip that.

I woke up around 7:30 and knew Genia and Tony were leaving sometime around then so I hopped on the cart and ran over to their site to say goodbye. Unfortunately they had already packed up and left the site. I decided to try Stef's and see if they were down there saying goodbye and I did manage to catch them. I said bye to Stef, Nate and Jordan as well as they were heading for a park and I probably would not see them again till another trip.

After that I headed back to the site to pack up all the equipment. Pack-up was going well until a small disaster happened. As i was working my way around teh 10x20 ez-up lowering it down I headed around the tree and missed a step on a root. Lucky in my younger days I was a wrestler so I knew how to take a fall but it was down a little slope and onto some more roots. I assesed things before getting up and new I was banged up but nothing broken. I hobbled over to the cart for a minute to collect myself and while there I send Stef a message to find out if Trevor was still at the site. I figured if I was to banged up for help I would throw out a call for help. He was there but After a couple of minutes I felt good enough to finish packing up.

When I was getting close to done A fort site cleaner kept circling like a shark, pausing at the end if the site to see if I was leaving. Curt was running a little late due to marathon traffic so I loaded it all onto my cart and headed over to Stef's site to meet him there so the cleaning lady would stop glaring at me.

After handing off the gear to Curt I said goodbye to Trevor and headed over to the meadows. I had some snack credits left and a rice krispies treat request to fill. I bought 3 treats for SIl. While I was in the area I took some pictures.

DSC02665_zpsd3cf99ed.jpg

DSC02667_zps4424929e.jpg

DSC02666_zpsaea9f6d5.jpg

DSC02668_zpsa91c07f0.jpg

DSC02669_zps6ad8e43b.jpg

DSC02670_zpsdcc4b5a8.jpg

DSC02673_zps73c86c46.jpg

DSC02674_zpsab3160d7.jpg

DSC02675_zpsde7bbe7c.jpg

DSC02676_zpscd187787.jpg

DSC02677_zpsda708c8c.jpg

After taking some pictures I dropped off my rental cart and headed over to the dock to go to Wilderness Lodge for lunch. They had a Chicken Alfredo Special that was okay. I forgot to get a pic sorry. The cashier was very nice though. Since I was using my quick service credit I got a dessert and I really wanted one last Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar. When I went to cash out she told me I could leave it in the freezer till I was ready for it so it wouldn't melt. I ran right over and put it back.

Once I was done eating I grabbed it and wandered up to the little deck off the back of the lobby to enjoy the view and eat my ice Cream.

20130113_124257.jpg

It was good. I headed back to the Fort. I had about an hour to kill before my bus to the airport but in all honesty I was really sore from the fall so I decided to do the most sado-masochistic thing I could possibly have come up with. I went to the outpost and sat in the rockers on the deck looking out at the arrival lanes. I relaxed there reading a book and talking to SIl till it was time to catch my bus.

Once I got there and through security it was about 4 and I realized I was a little hungry and would not have a chance to eat again till much later so I headed into

20130113_160032.jpg

And had some steak fajitas. Again no pics. the camera at this point was packed in the carry-on bag.

At 5:00 I boarded my flight and had an uneventful flight home and met up with SIl at the airport.

And sadly that is the end.

I had a wonderful time meeting new fiends, getting to really enjoy the Fort more, the 5k and so many other things I did on this trip that were totally different form the normal I have when I am with Sil. I love that too but this was just a pure relaxation trip.

As sad as I am to end this one I will leave you with some foreshadowing. This July is mine and SIlvia's 5th anniversary so we are doing a special trip this year. We are spending a week at the fort in July followed by a week on the Fantasy. Hope to see more Fiends then.

Thanks for following along! and See ya real soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNK5KzI48mM

Meatballs in grape jelly... Sounds oh hell that sounds incredible... Never see or tried that before.

Yeah I meant to ask her for the recipe on that one. I kept going back for that more than almost anything else. Beside teh red white and blue tootsie rolls. I can't keep those in teh house they are dangerous.

Wonderful report!!!!! I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm glad you were able to use the stuff and not try to get it on an airplane!!!!!

Absolutely Carol. I would have had bare minimum stuff with me and I would not have had nearly as good of a time if not for you and all the Fiends involved in transporting the gear. Thank you again!

Aww that makes me sad that you fell!! I hope you are okay! I actually have really bad knees and I can no longer catch myself if I trip, so I'm sensitive to that kind of thing. A small trip for me usually means a big fall.

We will be there over July 4th week again. Hopefully your trip will overlap, there's quite a group there around then :)

Jason, man sorry you fell. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I hope you and Sil enjoy your upcoming trip. I definately want your take on the cruise. Since we are discussing one with our friends with two kids, wonder how Tiny and I would enjoy without kids.

Aww that makes me sad that you fell!! I hope you are okay! I actually have really bad knees and I can no longer catch myself if I trip, so I'm sensitive to that kind of thing. A small trip for me usually means a big fall.

We will be there over July 4th week again. Hopefully your trip will overlap, there's quite a group there around then :)

Thanks Brandy. I am doing fine now. It took a few days after I got home before the soreness faded.

We had a great time there for the 4th last year. Our current check in at the Fort is the 6th. We may be getting into the area the night before though.

Jason, man sorry you fell. Glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

I hope you and Sil enjoy your upcoming trip. I definately want your take on the cruise. Since we are discussing one with our friends with two kids, wonder how Tiny and I would enjoy without kids.

I was too. My first thought was great if I broke something how in the heck will i get patched up in time to catch my flight.

I will definitely be sharing my thoughts on the cruise with just the two of us. We are hoping for a really good time.

Crap Jason! I had no idea you had fallen when you texted me. We could have easily headed back to help you out. I thought you just wanted to return my broom and say bye to Trev. :(

I regretted that baked bean making decision for the next two days!!

Amen to the tootsie rolls, I ended up bringing about 10 of them home and they didn't survive the evening.

Meatballs are super easy!!!

For convenience, camping, I used a bag frozen pre-made meatballs. Throw them in the crock with a 10 oz jar of grape jelly and a 12 oz. jar of chili sauce. Cook on low for a few hours.

ANY TIME I am at the Fort, I will cook for you!! I'm Italian, I always cook 3x the amount of food than we'll ever eat.

Hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary trip!! :heart: Our anniversary is in July too, but this will be our 24th!

Crap Jason! I had no idea you had fallen when you texted me. We could have easily headed back to help you out. I thought you just wanted to return my broom and say bye to Trev. :(

I regretted that baked bean making decision for the next two days!!

Amen to the tootsie rolls, I ended up bringing about 10 of them home and they didn't survive the evening.

Meatballs are super easy!!!

For convenience, camping, I used a bag frozen pre-made meatballs. Throw them in the crock with a 10 oz jar of grape jelly and a 12 oz. jar of chili sauce. Cook on low for a few hours.

ANY TIME I am at the Fort, I will cook for you!! I'm Italian, I always cook 3x the amount of food than we'll ever eat.

Hope you guys have a wonderful anniversary trip!! :heart: Our anniversary is in July too, but this will be our 24th!

I know you guys would have come back but I really didn't want to break up Jordan's last day. Most of it was down at that point so I figured if I needed Trevor him and I could handle.

I may not be Italian but I cook the same way. It was horrible when I lived alone. If I cooked something I had a week's worth of food. now with SIl we get a couple of meals and she has a lunch.

Thanks for the recipe. I may make it up this Sunday.

Congrats on 24 years this year. We are really looking forward to the trip.