CKCK 5.0-Nov. 17-24, First Thanksgiving at the Fort!

Mean muggin? What the difference between that and the stinkeye? That looks more like a stinkeye to me, but I am not familiar with the term mean muggin, so you might be right.

TCD

According to the Urban Dictionary, mean mugging is:

1. When someone gives you a dirty look
  2. To glare at another person with a scowl, or other antagonistic facial expression, with malicious intent, hoping to provoke a response from the intended receipient.
  3. To have a sour/mean look on your face
  4. A person who feels anger and/or jealousy for someone

And stink eye:

1. a surfer term meaning a glare or lingering dirty look
  2. the Hawaiian pidgin term for a hard, scornful glare
  3. to give someone a really nasty look to show your distaste for them
  4. It’s like the evil eye, but a little less evil and a lot more stink

So, basically they are the same. Just depends on if you are a surfer or not. I am not a surfer, so I’ll go with mean mugging.

You kind of have that surfer look, so I think you should stick with stink eye. I especially like the last definition of that. A lot more stink.

To clear up any confusion, I found some pics of each. Here are some of my favorites. See if you can tell the difference between mean mugging and stink eye.

8439859714_cbe8db17cf.jpg

8438765503_2d4fc0afec.jpg

8439849960_72686363ee.jpg

8438773269_31514334e2.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes it is and you got to see it first hand So you liked the new paint scheme? Don't know why, but I've heard that before. I've said it before, that's a term of endearment. Lets keep that route a secre

Still Day 7: Still last day. Still sad. So, after Snow White, it was time to leave. We went back to the bus stop hoping to luck out with the new bus again, but we weren’t so lucky. When we got back

I'm horribly behind as usual...

We had a similar encounter with a kid on a scooter who didn't see us until the very last second (we were stopped), and a couple other close calls. For sure people need to be keeping better tabs on kids playing in the roads, even the camping loops, and especially during holidays when the Fort is packed.

Belle is a beauty and Roxie is adorable! And I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm partial to BCs.

I went to WDW when I was 21 with my parents and 11 year old brother. I bought one of those invisible dogs, named it "spotless" and brought it everywhere with us. My brother was mortified... which of course was the point.

Love that DD2 finally found "her" character!. :heartsmiley:

Rockin' job on that turkey!

It isn't the Disney magic, that caramel corn is killer. And even more killer is the slab o' caramel on shortbread or the sea salt caramel. As someone on here has said, it's "smack your grandma" good!

I'm with Stef - you've definitely got a knack for this TR thing. Of course that just means you'll have to go more often, purely for our amusement of course. 8)

Oh my! Those are just scary! LOL I'm ready to get back to those precious redheads with no mean mugging or stank eye!

We wants the redheads!

:rofl2:

You people need to settle down.

Caught up! I cant comment more though bc i need to pay attention to this game!

Turned out to be a great game, didn't it?

I'm horribly behind as usual...

We had a similar encounter with a kid on a scooter who didn't see us until the very last second (we were stopped), and a couple other close calls. For sure people need to be keeping better tabs on kids playing in the roads, even the camping loops, and especially during holidays when the Fort is packed.

Belle is a beauty and Roxie is adorable! And I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm partial to BCs.

I went to WDW when I was 21 with my parents and 11 year old brother. I bought one of those invisible dogs, named it "spotless" and brought it everywhere with us. My brother was mortified... which of course was the point.

Love that DD2 finally found "her" character!. :heartsmiley:

Rockin' job on that turkey!

It isn't the Disney magic, that caramel corn is killer. And even more killer is the slab o' caramel on shortbread or the sea salt caramel. As someone on here has said, it's "smack your grandma" good!

I'm with Stef - you've definitely got a knack for this TR thing. Of course that just means you'll have to go more often, purely for our amusement of course. 8)

Glad you caught up! As a fellow border collie owner, I was waiting for your comments about the dogs! Thanks for the compliments!

And thank you for your compliments! I really wish we could squeeze in a trip before the summer, but I just don't think it will happen!

Still Day 7:

Still last day.

Still sad.

So, after Snow White, it was time to leave. We went back to the bus stop hoping to luck out with the new bus again, but we weren’t so lucky.

When we got back to the Fort and went to our GC, we realized something about the parking lot looked different.

Then it hit me:

there was no way out.

How could that be?

I could see the entrance to the parking lot.

But where was the way out?

It was gone.

How could this be? Was this some kind of sick joke?

We had parked along the fence, facing the front. The only way I could see out was backing all the way down the row.

After some investigation I realized it was not a sick joke.

It was a DUMB person.

8401526329_7012d644a6.jpg

The cart to the left of the red cart had decided to park DIRECTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PATH OUT.

aslg aposjdfnlasjfbnoaiusgflkajwsfnlajhrfoi4uwtyq9p384uhfapr?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE FORT?!?

What kind of LAZY, INCONSIDERATE, SELF-CENTERED person parks right in the middle of things so that no one else can drive out?

Oh, the kind of person who thinks the world revolves around them. The same kind of person who stops in the middle of the grocery store aisle to have a conversation with someone, blocking the aisle for everyone else. The same kind of person who pulls out in front of a car going 60mph, only to go 45. The same kind of person who cuts in line for a bus or the ferry because they didn’t bother to see where the end of the line was.

I'm sure this was what went through their head: "hey self, the parking lot seems to be full. I wonder what I should do? I know, I'll put it right in the middle of things so that I'm close to the buses. That way I don't have to walk any extra distance to get to the bus stop. Wait, are those golf carts back on the grass by the entrance? I wonder why they parked way out there when they could have just parked right in the middle of things like me. Weird."

Here is another angle:

8401526637_d91c554726.jpg

And look at all their pinwheels all over the cart.

Really?

You can decorate your cart, but you can’t figure out how to park it?

I was getting madder by the second. My wife tried to tell me to just back out and be done with it.

Oh no.

That would not be happening today.

My initial plan was to move their cart all the way to the entrance of the GC parking lot.

I would show them.

Once I started pushing, I realized I was not going to put that much effort into it.

So I pushed it far enough out of the way to clear a path, then went on our way.

Ridiculous.

After I had a few drinks and calmed down, it was time for the campfire.

We love the campfire.

The girls love it.

In fact, they specifically requested staying for the movie since this was our last night.

It was to be “Tangled,” and that’s one of their favs.

It was friggin freezing that night, so we took our blankets and were prepared to tough it out.

I have never seen the campfire so crowded. There were people everywhere. Luckily we got there in time to snag one of the last benches available.

When it was sing-a-long time, we were disappointed to see that Cowboy Mark had the night off. I have grown to like his style.

Instead we had Chuckwagon Bill.

8402616812_bc24776a08.jpg

More like Jackwagon Bill.

Okay, that was harsh. He wasn’t a Jackwagon. He just wasn’t Mark.

What I didn’t like was that Bill thought it was necessary to talk the whole time.

Umm...Sing-a-long?

He literally talked more than he sang.

And he chose dumb songs.

Songs that either were difficult to sing, or that no one knew the words to.

Umm...Sing-a-long?

How I am supposed to sing-a-long with songs I don’t know the words to?

And he didn’t even do the dance stuff up front that my girls really like.

So far this campfire was not going as we had hoped.

At least Dale came by:

8401527149_74ec33b38d.jpg

Luckily, the movie was coming up and there was no way they could screw that up.

You probably thought think that I’m going to say that the movie wouldn’t play, or the sound wasn’t right, or that people wouldn’t stop talking.

Right?

Well, I’m not.

It was great.

Cold, but great.

8402617340_1f4aa6b808.jpg

In fact, the girls said later that cuddling up watching the movie was their favorite part of the trip.

Team CKCK winning.

The next morning we loaded up and were out by 10:00.

And that’s it.

Thanks for reading along.

I appreciate everyone’s comments (except for Lou’s, but since he wasn’t actually reading it’s okay).

CKCK out.

Nice report CKCK! The movie pic with them under the blankets is awesome. That's some good memories right there.

As far as the golf cart jerk...there is so much of that in the world these days. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and figure they just didn't know. Oh heck, who am I kidding. I am Judge Mental after all. That GC driver SMB.

That driver definitely SMB. I'm thinking Jackwagon Bill SMB too, but I can't confirm that one.

The cuddling was a great photo. I'm glad the girls still had a good time.

Sorry the trip is over, I was having a great time.

8402617340_1f4aa6b808.jpg

In fact, the girls said later that cuddling up watching the movie was their favorite part of the trip.

Looks like the perfect ending to a wonderful trip.

Thanks for sharing it! :bravo:

Excellent!

Thank you for taking the time to write this report. I hope that it inspires some others who are sitting on a bunch of great photos from a recent trip to step up and write a report.

I'm talking to you Troll.

And to you too, Mo.

Aw crap... I was hoping you'd forgotten what I slacker I am. Would you believe *I* haven't even looked at my photos since we've been home? Not sure why. I'll chalk it up to Post-Disney Depression. But I will sort them out and start posting them. Hopefully soon. 8)

I am so glad the CKCK family started a new tradition! I enjoyed reading your report and hope to see you next Thanksgiving!

TCD has made me feel guilty too. Mama and Ed were there from before Halloween through December and we have not posted any pictures either. Most of mine are on my old phone and I need to get them off. i will try to do that soon.

I loved your report! We think alike. I would have called the Rangers to come and save the day since that was a WDW rental cart.

HA! Yeah, right.

Sadly, my kids now remark on how people park when we're out shopping before I even have a chance……."nice parking job, dude! what a moron.". They also now know what "grow a set" means thanks to riding with their mom, who doesn't like to wait for ninnies who are afraid to make a right on red and we are in a rush to get to baseball or karate or whatever.

I set a fine example.

I also LOVE the sing-along and movie. That picture is beyond priceless. As will be your memories of that night.

I am wondering why the large squirrel is wearing what appears to be a Hugh-Heffner style smoking jacket? What the Fort is that thing?

Nice report CKCK! The movie pic with them under the blankets is awesome. That's some good memories right there.

As far as the golf cart jerk...there is so much of that in the world these days. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and figure they just didn't know. Oh heck, who am I kidding. I am Judge Mental after all. That GC driver SMB.

Thanks!

Yes, the GC driver (parker) definitely SMB.

Thanks for sharing CKCK!

Thanks for reading a long!

Great job

Thanks!

That driver definitely SMB. I'm thinking Jackwagon Bill SMB too, but I can't confirm that one.

The cuddling was a great photo. I'm glad the girls still had a good time.

Sorry the trip is over, I was having a great time.

I don't want to be too hard on Jackwagon Bill. I actually used to not like Cowboy Mark, but he has grown on me. Bill just has some improving to do.

Great TR!

Thanks for reading!

Excellent!

I love how the girls' favorite part of the trip was snuggling at the movie.

Awesome.

Thank you for taking the time to write this report. I hope that it inspires some others who are sitting on a bunch of great photos from a recent trip to step up and write a report.

TCD

Thanks!

I'm glad I finally made myself write it. I had put it off way too long.

Looks like the perfect ending to a wonderful trip.

Thanks for sharing it! :bravo:

Thanks! It definitely was a great trip!

:golfclap: Nice work CK!

Enjoyed it tremendously, especially junglepants! That's a keeper.

Yahtzee philanthropist

I am so glad the CKCK family started a new tradition! I enjoyed reading your report and hope to see you next Thanksgiving!

Definitely!

Awesome report ! Thanks for sharing... I would've pushed that golf cart back to the check in.... and left them a "personable Disney moment" :rofl2: Ok... maybe not, but it felt good to say it at least.

I was definitely tempted! Don't know if my wife would have let me get that far if I had even tried.

I loved your report! We think alike.

Sadly, my kids now remark on how people park when we're out shopping before I even have a chance……."nice parking job, dude! what a moron.". They also now know what "grow a set" means thanks to riding with their mom, who doesn't like to wait for ninnies who are afraid to make a right on red and we are in a rush to get to baseball or karate or whatever.

I set a fine example.

First of all, you must be a genius then!

I'm afraid my girls will soon start picking up on that kind of stuff too! I need to watch it!

:rofl2: It does look like a Hugh Heffner style smoking jacket.

Awkward.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved your report! The pic of your girls with Snow White was my fav. I agree about the antipasto dish - why bother serving so little and what's up with only 1 olive (if that's what it was). Were you supposed to slice it up and share it with everyone?