Wyndham Bonnet Timeshare help

I have a dear friend who's elderly mother has a timeshare at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and can no longer use it nor afford the annual maintenance fees. She wants to give it to me at no charge. She knows we go to WDW at least once a year I've always been leery about timeshares. So i'd like someone's opinion who's had a timeshare and knows better then I do.

Here's the facts...

84,000 anytime points

$400 annual fees

$299 resort transfer fee.

$200-$300 closing, title fees

So for $900-$1000 I can own a timeshare. Plus $400/year

What do you think?

Is it worth it?

Thanks

I'm also in the "don't know nothing about timeshares" dept., but Bonnet Creek is a really nice resort and for all intents and purposes on WDW property (although not technically a WDW resort). With a car it's a pretty short ride to the parks.

Things I'd be considering would be the on-property stuff you miss out on..

- free parking ($15/day otherwise)

- EMH access

- access to Disney transport - I'm sure BC has a shuttle, but would doubt it runs as regularly as Disney's buses

Not sure how many days this equates to, but even if it's just a week that means you'd be staying for less than $60/night, which sounds like a good deal to me.

I'm also in the "don't know nothing about timeshares" dept., but Bonnet Creek is a really nice resort and for all intents and purposes on WDW property (although not technically a WDW resort). With a car it's a pretty short ride to the parks.

Things I'd be considering would be the on-property stuff you miss out on..

- free parking ($15/day otherwise)

- EMH access

- access to Disney transport - I'm sure BC has a shuttle, but would doubt it runs as regularly as Disney's buses

Not sure how many days this equates to, but even if it's just a week that means you'd be staying for less than $60/night, which sounds like a good deal to me.

Just book a partial site at the Fort and you can have free parking, EMH and access to Disney Transportation!

Bonnet creek is the best timeshare in the wyndham line up. According to wyndham. It has a shuttle but what I've read that it drops you off at the TTC. According to Lou. Believe it or not I've never been to the TTC. I know you can get to MK and Epcot from there but what about the other parks and DTD?

It has a shuttle but what I've read that it drops you off at the TTC.

One thing to check is the frequency of the shuttles.

I know you can get to MK and Epcot from there but what about the other parks and DTD?

I know there's an AK and HS bus from TTC but I'm not sure about DTD.

IIRC there are no direct buses from DTD to any of the parks.

I don't know anything about timeshares so cannot advise you....but WOW that looks like a nice resort in a great location. I hope it all works out for you. Sure seems pretty sweet.

She's a great lady. I try to help her do the "handyman" stuff for her when I can. I refuse to take money from her so she always has a cold beer for me when I'm done. She knows how to get me to come back. Lol.

It has a shuttle but what I've read that it drops you off at the TTC. According to Lou. Believe it or not I've never been to the TTC. I know you can get to MK and Epcot from there but what about the other parks and DTD?

No you misunderstood. The bus does drop off at the TTC, but only when you're going to MK as opposed to the Disney buses, which drop off at the MK.

I've seen the WBC buses at all of the the other park's charter lots. No need to go to TTC to transfer to DTD, Epcot, DHS, or AK.

Ray, many people give their timeshares away to get out from under them. Bonnet Creek is really nice. I don't know what the points mean or how stable the maintenance fees would be there. Here is a link to a timeshare user's group that might have some helpful info. http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

No you misunderstood. The bus does drop off at the TTC, but only when you're going to MK as opposed to the Disney buses, which drop off at the MK.

I've seen the WBC buses at all of the the other park's charter lots. No need to go to TTC to transfer to DTD, Epcot, DHS, or AK.

Thanks Lou. How far are the charter lots from the gate?

People do tend to give away timeshares to get out from under after their interests have changed. I'd do it in a heartbeat for BC. Love it there...

How far are the charter lots from the gate?

Except at DTD, the Charter bus lots where the non-Disney buses drop-off are not that much further than where the Disney buses drop off.

It will add just a few minutes to your walk as opposed to using the Disney buses.

I'm assuming that the DTD from WBC drops off at the West Side bus stops which if you're going to the MP, is a bit of a hike.

Ray, many people give their timeshares away to get out from under them. Bonnet Creek is really nice. I don't know what the points mean or how stable the maintenance fees would be there. Here is a link to a timeshare user's group that might have some helpful info. http://tugbbs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Thanks it was really helpful and learned a few things.

I kind of figured that someone out there has or had a timeshare at the bonnet and could tell me about it.

I figured it might even bring out a lurker.