The Rainbow Bridge Pet Memorials

I have never seen this thread... just read all 7 pages and I am touched by everyone's love for their fur babies and warmed by their love for fellow Fiends. I am also so sorry to hear of all the loss just in the past few months. I have a couple of hooligans waiting for me someday too...and I won't even fuss at them if they jump on me and scratch up my legs... :heart: We just lost Bob a few weeks ago, and I am dogless for the first time since '95.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When we lost our first border collie Maggie suddenly (almost 6 years ago) Brian and I dealt with it very differently. We were both in shock for quite a while as she was only 6 and it came completely o

You absolutely, positively, did NOT fail him! Period. I know you doubt that now, but you were there for him when he needed you, even when there was nothing humanly possible that you could have done.

This is for my stepson,s beloved Sheela. She was a true hero. Friday night we lost her to a home fire. Thank you Sheela for waking Sean up in time to get out of the house. You will always be our hero.

I have never seen this thread... just read all 7 pages and I am touched by everyone's love for their fur babies and warmed by their love for fellow Fiends. I am also so sorry to hear of all the loss just in the past few months. I have a couple of hooligans waiting for me someday too...and I won't even fuss at them if they jump on me and scratch up my legs... :heart: We just lost Bob a few weeks ago, and I am dogless for the first time since '95.

:bighug:

• 7 months later...

Just got home from the vet.  Our Daisy didn't come home with me.  She had cancer, and a large abdominal tumor had metastasized.  Surgery would have bought, at most, 90 days.  And at 13 with other issues that wasn't the best thing for her.  So I held her as she crossed the rainbow bridge to be with her brother (who we had to put down 9 years ago).  It's going to be very weird not tripping over her after all these years.  She had a knack of getting under my feet!   

If any of you are FB friends, don't post anything on there as the girls don't know yet.  Will be a difficult evening telling them.  They don't remember a time without Daisy. 

Here she is in happier days at the Fort, doing what she did best. 

PICT0035.JPG

RIP sweet girl.

Dave, my heart goes out to all of you.  It is so difficult to lose a family pet, especially one you've had for so many years and that the children have grown up with. 

Praying for you to find the right words to tell the girls and for His comfort for each of you.  :bighug:

Shedding a few tears right now for you and your family, Dave. It's hard to do the right thing, sometimes.

Thanks everyone.  We know it was the right thing.  Her quality of life had disappeared, and she was probably in some pain.  It was time.  But it's still hard to believe she's not here in the house, snoring away.  And it's hard to believe she won't be making the rounds of the kitchen after dinner to lick the entire floor.  But we knew this day wasn't far away.  Now we are down to 1 dog, and considering how much we have on our plates with the kids it will stay that way, at least for a while. 

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Dave.  No matter what their age, and even when we know it's the right thing to do, it is always so incredibly hard.

Daisy was lucky to have spent her good, long life with such a wonderful family and as a much loved companion.  I hope that in time all your good memories of Daisy will bring you peace.

Much love to you and your whole family. 

Godspeed Daisy...

Dave, I am so sorry for your loss.  A loving pet is another member of the family and losing one is very difficult.   Sending hugs and love to all of you.   RIP sweet Daisy and your family will see you again one day. 

We love you all.  :heart:

Dave,

I get a pit in my stomach every time this thread pops up.

As someone that has had to make that tough decision, I know that a stranger telling you "that was the right call" doesn't help the pain a lot. I don't care because I'm going to say it anyway. You made an incredibly selfless decision to help Daisy.

Remember the good times with Daisy.

My condolences

• 3 weeks later...