central FL campgrounds

we live here in central FL. we will have a long weekend comping up in a few weeks. The fort has no openings so. Could someone give out some ideals or campgrounds you have found to be nice. We will be camping in a 33ft TT. We are looking for full hook up sites.

you can try Lake Louise on 27, the problem with the State Parks, not only is it a long weekend here, the snow birds are down and the st. parks tend to get filled up months and months before.

You can try the Crystal River area the Encore site the nice, sometimes a little crazy, but I think in the winter it is pretty calm. Also in Homossossa there is a cg called Nature's way on Halls River Rd.

Also Rock Crusher, I think that is in Crystal River. You can always stay at Lazy Days in Seffner.

One thought... I know we're heading into the busy Spring Break season, but if you're trying to book just the weekend at the Fort, that might actually be the problem. Try booking a longer stay with that weekend in the middle somewhere. If the availability comes up, book it (room only requires just one night's deposit regardless of length of stay), then call back and cancel the dates you don't need.

Unfortunately sometimes that's the only way to book weekend stays the way the current system is setup. Good luck!