Camping and visiting other Resorts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just walk in like you own the place, and if someone tries to stop you, pretend you don't speak whatever language they are using, scream "fuego" and start dancing like an idiot. They will welcome you

You are definitely allowed to visit, shop and dine. Visiting other resorts is one of our favorite things to do.

Pool hopping isn't allowed.

Not sure what the rule is on exercise facilities. I'm pretty sure that Fort guests are allowed to use the exercise facilities at Wilderness Lodge, but other folks probably have better information about that.

Exercise at Disney? Doesn't all that walking around the parks count?!?!?!

It does in my book! I brought a pedometer last year and in 2 weeks we walked over 24 miles... and that was without pushing it or spending all day every day in the parks.

Which is why you should always bring comfortable, already broken-in shoes to WDW!

So I did a bit of poking around and found a thread floating around in the ether from April 2010 by our own DaveInTN where he said he'd called 1-407-824-3200 and asked, and was told Fort guests could use the WL gym, but that there was a $12.78 charge per day (incl. tax).

Not sure if this is something that's changed recently, or if the CM on the phone was in Sri Lanka and really didn't have a clue?

The Troll didn't mention if he was asked for a resort ID did he?

He does say it is free for resort guests, however, are they referring to WL and WL DVC guests?

Not sure but he was staying at the Fort when he used it.

In this entry he says he used it for free.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/7590-the-trolls-run-from-isaac/page__st__200#entry210595

So I did a bit of poking around and found a thread floating around in the ether from April 2010 by our own DaveInTN where he said he'd called 1-407-824-3200 and asked, and was told Fort guests could use the WL gym, but that there was a $12.78 charge per day (incl. tax).

Not sure if this is something that's changed recently, or if the CM on the phone was in Sri Lanka and really didn't have a clue?

In his report he said he showed his resort key and it was free to use.

Well there ya' go! :)

There's been no word since October of a change - unless this falls under the category of "we made the change but didn't bother to tell anyone".

Ok, first Fiend on the Scene to confirm in person gets a Dole Whip.

(only catch is you have to collect in October)

It is $12.00 a day plus tax.

Fitness hours are 6am-9pm daily, though you can check with the front desk to get a free 24-hour key card giving you access to the club equipment whenever you need it. This is for Wilderness Lodge resort guests only. If you are not a guests of Wilderness Lodge and Villas, you can still use the facilities for a cost of $12 per day.

Dave, where did you find that?

I haven't found anything other than message board posts.

And I wonder if this is one of those things where, because the Fort doesn't have facilities, they waive the fee for Fort guests but just don't publish it.

Kind of like how they let Fort guests use the WL pool when the Meadows pool was being refurbed?

It is $12.00 a day plus tax.

Fitness hours are 6am-9pm daily, though you can check with the front desk to get a free 24-hour key card giving you access to the club equipment whenever you need it. This is for Wilderness Lodge resort guests only. If you are not a guests of Wilderness Lodge and Villas, you can still use the facilities for a cost of $12 per day.

Dave, where did you find that?

I haven't found anything other than message board posts.

And I wonder if this is one of those things where, because the Fort doesn't have facilities, they waive the fee for Fort guests but just don't publish it.

Kind of like how they let Fort guests use the WL pool when the Meadows pool was being refurbed?

I did see that buried on the Disney Website but was not sure if it was one of those we wont post anything else so people at other resorts cant bitch kind of thing.

I brought a pedometer last year and in 2 weeks we walked over 24 miles... and that was without pushing it or spending all day every day in the parks.

I used a pedometer a couple of trips ago and averaged 6-8 miles per day. And we weren't pushing it or spending all day in the parks either. You won't catch me working out!

I have no recollection of that. Am I really getting that old?

All WDW guests can use any WDW resorts exercise room.... for a fee. That is published, however it does say on both external and internal web sites that only WL and WL DVC guests may use the "Sturdy Branches Heath Club" for free. It doesn't say FW guests may use it for free.

Do they look the other way if a Fort guest shows up, maybe, as they should.

The WL, WLDVC, and FW, are all part of what is called the "Wilderness Region" and are all managed by the same person, Doug Lord, and until the Fort gets an exercise room, guests staying there should be able to use WL's exercise room for free.