From what a dealer told us once, LOTS of Class C's barely used come up for resale. It's a popular option for recent retirees starting out with an RV as it's not as intimidating to drive as a Class A. All too often, something "happens" to one of the spouses and the other can't or won't continue to RV and they come on the used market barely used.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly the greatest advantage to a MOHO over a TT is that in the MOHO, you can set the cruise and go back, make a sandwich, go to the bathroom, take a nap, watch Dr Phil.

Have you considered looking at used units? Depreciation on a new moho in the first couple of years is tremendous. We love our Class A. But it all depends on your family unit and the layout. Keep l

We did get to look at a Grey Hawk, they were very nice. Unfortunately the dealer for those in our area doesn't really make good deals. But if they get in something we like used we are still open to

On 11/20/2016 at 8:46 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

From what I remember, and it's been awhile, I think we paid about 1/2 of retail on a Class C that was a few years old. I think it had 1,000 miles on it. Most things were still in plastic. I'm not sure the original owners really used it... maybe a trip or 2. 

We bought a Class C in 2015.  It was a 2013 and only had a couple thousand miles on it.  It looked brand new and we paid about 55% retail.  Our biggest problem was getting good terms on the loan, apparently my wife and I fall into a high risk category because of our age.  

I would not immediately rule Thor coaches out. They own many of the major brands including Airstream and Jayco. I have a 2015 Miramar that I love. All of the nightmare stories I have heard about Thor have been dealers not backing the products they sell. I have only had minor issues with my Miramar and have called Thor tech a few times with questions (24/7 Support) and have no complaints. For 100K I have a Class A that has many features of ones costing allot more. Could fit and finish be a bit better, absolutely.. But at this price I feel I got my $$ worth.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
47 minutes ago, Country Coach Guy said:

Just read through this post and wondered what the OP eventually did. Did they buy the Class C, Class A, upgrade the TT? 

These are always interesting reads as there are as many answers as there are forum members. 

Hope they enjoyed their new RV whatever it was!

Welcome to Fort Fiends!

4 hours ago, Country Coach Guy said:

Thanks! Dumped Facebook a couple of months ago and need to read through some posts for info. 

Welcome.   I spit myself out of Facebook about a year and a half ago, and this place is about the only place I still participate online.   The only problem is, pretty much everyone here is a bit off their rockers besides me.  I'm like the only sane person in a Disney obsessed asylum. 

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Welcome.   I spit myself out of Facebook about a year and a half ago, and this place is about the only place I still participate online.   The only problem is, pretty much everyone here is a bit off their rockers besides me.  I'm like the only sane person in a Disney obsessed asylum. 

Ha! I kinda had my own epiphany on Disney after going about 30 times in 20 years. Haven't been since 2011. We're going this year so my wife can see the Christmas decorations. Kind of a 30th anniversary and a gift for her birthday. Don't know when the next time will be... if ever. Funniest part is we only live about 30 minutes from the gate. I haven't yelled at the computer since quitting Facebook!

4 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Ok. Who left Dave unattended? He's trying to confuse the new members again.

Country Coach Guy, when it comes to DaveInTN a few things to remember. 

1. It is always his fault. 

2. He really misses the MSB Ooey Gooey Cinnamon Rolls.

3. Be careful if he offers you some of the Russian Green Death beer. I have not had it, but I have heard stories.

4. His daughter Anna gives the best hugs evah! If you ever get a chance to get one from her you should. 

5. He has been slacking on posting Anna pics. Maybe this will persuade him to fix that. 

On 11/3/2018 at 5:46 PM, DaveInTN said:

Keep on believing that Dave. Who knows a wish, a little pixie dust and one day it just might all come true.

• 5 months later...

Went Dec. 13th through the 18th. We were in site #834, our friends were in #835 right next door. It was a nice site and we carted around the loops to check out the Christmas decorations. Nice time, the weather actually got pretty cool when the sun went down. We had a 4 day park hopper which we only used three days on. That's the last time we'll go that close to Christmas as the parks are just too crowded for our taste. We did the hotel lobbies to check out their decorations and found the Wilderness lodge to have the coolest tree and decorations. Going to run over there again Wed. May 1st through Saturday the 4th to use up the last day on our tickets from Dec. The remainder will be putting around the Fort  in the golf cart seeing the sites, checking out the pool, etc.