• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly the greatest advantage to a MOHO over a TT is that in the MOHO, you can set the cruise and go back, make a sandwich, go to the bathroom, take a nap, watch Dr Phil.

Have you considered looking at used units? Depreciation on a new moho in the first couple of years is tremendous. We love our Class A. But it all depends on your family unit and the layout. Keep l

We did get to look at a Grey Hawk, they were very nice. Unfortunately the dealer for those in our area doesn't really make good deals. But if they get in something we like used we are still open to

The Mighty Hauler is pretty cool. Can you tow a car with the Mighty Hauler on?

It would awesome, and save money on a cart rental, if we could bring a car and a cart.

Sorry, I didn't see your question earlier.  Yes,you can tow a car with the Mighty Hauler on.  It has a receiver.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we decided on a Forest River 3170 DS class C after looking at all the options. Going to pick it up on Friday!

I have read every post on this thread at least 3 times and tried to take all recommendations:

It is on the E450 chassis so we made sure this until has airbags we can inflate or deflate to account for the load we are planning to haul. It has Bigfoot leveling jacks so unlike the last few trips with the 5er I won't be one of those families that are out yelling at each other trying to get parked and leveled. Bunk model with cab bunk so we have tons of sleeping capacity in case our 2 kiddos bring friends at some point but the bottom bunk is a jack knife couch fora comfortable hangout while we are traveling (it is a 16 hour drive to and from The Fort).

We did go new even though we were on a budget, but our dealer was excellent about our monetary restrictions and really worked the price down to the level we were seeing used models at.

Its time to start packing and planning as many trips to WDW as possible for 2014!!!

Well, we decided on a Forest River 3170 DS class C after looking at all the options. Going to pick it up on Friday!

I have read every post on this thread at least 3 times and tried to take all recommendations:

It is on the E450 chassis so we made sure this until has airbags we can inflate or deflate to account for the load we are planning to haul. It has Bigfoot leveling jacks so unlike the last few trips with the 5er I won't be one of those families that are out yelling at each other trying to get parked and leveled. Bunk model with cab bunk so we have tons of sleeping capacity in case our 2 kiddos bring friends at some point but the bottom bunk is a jack knife couch fora comfortable hangout while we are traveling (it is a 16 hour drive to and from The Fort).

We did go new even though we were on a budget, but our dealer was excellent about our monetary restrictions and really worked the price down to the level we were seeing used models at.

Its time to start packing and planning as many trips to WDW as possible for 2014!!!

Congratulations on your purchase.

Remember though...pics or it didn't happen.

Congratulations.  You are going to love camping in a motorhome.  

One thing I didn't mention before and this has happened to us.  We were driving into a rain storm and the torrential rain was so hard it wasn't safe to drive.  We pulled into a rest stop and sat at the dinette to have dinner.  We read for a while.  We never once had to go out of the motorhome.  The rain slowed down and we started on our way again.

Dan 

That is the most amazing motorhome I have ever seen. I would love something like that for my large family, we would all have our own beds!!!  You are going to make so many memories in it. Congratulations! 

Now if she only had a diesel motor in her, I would be in heaven!  After towing my 5er with my diesel pickup for years, this gas thing is rough!

I hear ya, but that v10 is a great engine!  I've had that powertrain in both the class A we used to have as well as my current tow vehicle.  It's a nice puller, and seems to be reliable.  It'll scream at the top of its lungs when climbing a grade, but don't worry about it.  And it does a nice job in tow/haul mode on the downslopes too.  Just be prepared to feed it regularly.  :)  

One last question (probably not really, but I will say it anyway).....This is my first motorhome and I know they say everyone in the back should be buckled up, but really?  When you guys go on long trips, do you let your kids move around in the back?

When we had the MH, my rule was that everyone stay buckled up.  If someone needed to use the bathroom, they had to ask me first and, depending on my comfort level with traffic and such, I'd say yes or ask them to wait.  Typically wasn't a problem but in heavy stop and go traffic I'd usually want them to stay seated until I felt it was safe.  I've heard of incidences where someone was up and moving about when the driver had to hit the brakes, and they become an unrestrained projectile.  I always felt it was better safe than sorry.