TCD's February 2013 Limited Time Magic TR

No mystery, as the song goes, if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make a schmuck faced knucklehead part of your life.

Thank, I wasn't sure if anyone would pick up on that.

I wish, but they couldn't find a bag big enough to fit over my head.

Thatt is some funny stuff there, Bus Man.

No update until Monday? ??? Say it isn't so! Saturday I'll be distracted by an RV show in Austin but how will I ever last through Sunday?

Here's a wild suggestion, start a thread of your own so that TCD can comment on it.

That was a good suggestion, and good for you for following through on it.

Sorry for not posting comments on your thread, but I was pretty busy all weekend.

If I am recalling correctly, this arose because a Lehigh student (yes, my alma mater) steangled a fellow student with a slinky. It happened the semester after I graduated, but i was still living and working near campus (and dating a sophomore), so it made an impression on me. My kids never played with a slinky that I am aware of.

Wow. A slinky? Never heard of this. We had a lot of slinkys in the TCD home in the past few years.

And nice job slipping in the brag about you dating the young feller.

Cougar.

I can't believe I missed the beginning of aTCD trip report. Your kid gets sick and everything gets messed up. I'm in now for what it's worth.

This one came on quick, and it going to end soon, so don't worry about jumping in late. Limited Time Magic, you know.

I hope that kid of yours is feeling better.

TCD... maybe the twin guys staring at you.. you know Pete and Re-Pete recognized you as someone who hangs with the Governor of Florida and a VIP. or they just want to be internet famous in a TCD report

Yes, that is probably it.

I get spotted and stopped by fans all the time.

Sometimes it's tough to be a Rock Star.

I am, as always, late to the party!

Sorry we missed catching you this weekend. I blame Nicki for dragging me into the parks Friday, and the rest of the Theme Park Warriors for twisting my arm and making me spend 14 hours in the parks Saturday.

Those Womenz are a very bad influence. I don't know why in the world anyone would want to hang around with them.

(teeheehee)

No worries, Mo. I wasn't there very long myself.

I'll catch you when you're back at the Fort for real.

Only it's not as funny or entertaining as Seinfeld. They could at least yell "RUSTY!!!" once in a while. That would help.

Now that I have ridden the new Little Mermaid ride for myself. I will agree with you, not Dave. It does not SMB. I was entertained enough and am fully convinced that G will LOVE it. Lil H's approval is iffy in my mind. He does not like, nor will he go into the little mermaid show at HS. Time will tell.

As for the Kelly and Michael portion of the report. My first sentence of this reply sums up my thoughts on that.

Yes, there are photos of you with some of the Wild Womenz...and the pics are pretty wild. There are 2 and yes, they will surface in the near future. ;D

Glad to hear you liked the Little Mermaid ride. I understand the criticism that they could have done more, but I think they did a great job with the overall experience and they built a new classic.

Sorry to hear about the photos. I was hoping maybe those would get lost.

Oh well, at least I wasn't dancing with a wig on my head.

This whole trip report SMB. No offense to you, TCD, but Aaron and Kim are dead to me.

Harsh.

TCD

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can anybody use these relief areas, or are they just for service dogs?

I finished your post Kim.

Dave has a memorable smile and besides if one listens to the wisdom of the FF they know to "stay off the damn buses." No one says avoid the photo pass photographers.

Well that is one less pie to make for Stone Mountain.. I'm really going to save some cash on pecans and "secret ingredient"

(I wonder how long it will take before you love me again. My guess is before Memorial Day weekend.) :rofl2:

How about 8 minutes? :heartsmiley:

Hilarious!

That was too easy!

Who are these Kelly and Michael people of which we speak?

Exactly.

Do yourself a favor, and don't bother trying to find out.

Wow Dave. That is very hurtful. After I acted as your unpaid rap video dancer agent? People don't appreciate anything these days.

You tell him, Aaron.

I'll bet some rappers will be in touch soon to see if Dave can perform in their videos.

Wow. I was totally in the dark about that. Didn't know. What a shame! I guess they're confident they'll make more money from Starbucks than their own bakery? How ironic -- once again a mega corporation is destroying a hometown main street business...even a faux one owned by a mega corporation.

Troll, Troll, Troll, you poor misguided, uninformed, TCD kool aid drinking, under the bridge, dweller.

You need to take a break from your trolling duties and check in a little more than once every couple of months.

The Main St. Bakery is not going anywhere and TCD knows that. He just wants to get all of the poor misguided, uninformed, TCD kool aid drinkers, riled up.

Really? So is this article erroneous? Perhaps overcome by events? Did Starbucks pull out?

http://attractionsma...n-view-in-2013/

Norm!

Glad to see a post from you!

Lou, you are drinking the Disney Kool Aid.

Read that article Troll linked.

It's pretty obvious that the baked goods which will be offered in the new Starbucks will not include the good old cinnamon rolls.

Me? A TCD Kool Aid drinker?

Guilty as charged.

I definitely drink the Kool Aid. Everyone knows that if TCD says something, it's gospel.

69gyep.png

See?!

Whoa!

That is scary.

But, it's not a bad look for me.

I wonder how long it would take me to grow a beard like that?

Since TCD is out for the weekend, I hope this hijack isn't bad form. I saw Jason Aldean and some of the Duck Dynasty guys at a local hangout not long ago. Jason Aldean looked none too happy that the DD guys were getting all the attention. Can you believe a country music star ignored in Nashville? Those DD guys are funny.

That's awesome.

Those DD guys are geniuses.

First they make a fortune from duck calls.

Then they become reality TV stars.

We love this little corner of the world. The food here is so bad for you but we love it. There is a quiet sitting area too that never seems too crowded.

I think that Sleepy Hollow is a Fiend Favorite.

And, you're right- you can usually find a seat here even when it's busy. It's a great place for a snack and a break.

TCD

The last of the comments, and then we can move along!

This TR shoulb be renamed "Limited Opportunity for Hijacking and Debating"

So true.

But that could be the title of almost any Trip Report here!

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Moses TCD tells Lou, "Let my cinnamon rolls go!"

I just spewed coffee everywhere...

Glad I could bring laughter to your morning, and anyone's morning who saw you. :rofl3:

Yes, very good Aaron!

Maybe if I threatened some plagues, they would bring the cinnamon rolls back?

TCD

Let's get this baby cranked back up.

I need to get this one done so we can move on to the next one.

This one is just Limited Time Magic, you know.

When we left off, I was enjoying one of the rocking chairs on the porch outside of Tony's restaurant on Main Street.

This is a great place to hang out.

I took another look at the audience, and I thought I saw something:

Feb2013163_zpsf0691134.jpg

Don't look now, but there is Twin #2!

Let me help you see her. Twin #1 is there on the right:

twins_zpsa6155025.jpg

The show was still going on, and folks were passing on by, and I just kept right on rocking:

Feb2013164_zps803b0d72.jpg

Let's see if we can see Twin #1:

Feb2013165_zps2b044bd4.jpg

Yup, there they are:

twins2_zps4ee5e278.jpg

I could see a pretty good side view of the main stage, and then they announced a musical act, and a guy came up and lip-synched a song. If you look at the light post in the back of this photo, you can see a guy with purple pants just to the right of the right- that's the singer:

Feb2013166_zps7ce660df.jpg

Here's a closer look:

Feb2013167_zps16f8cd46.jpg

The folks who were sitting around me here on the porch asked a know-it-all CM who was standing there who that was performing.

She said it was Kris Allen- the winner of American Idol.

But, I found out later when I talked to the girls that it wasn't him. The guy's first name was Chris. But he wasn't from American Idol.

CM's can really dish out some bad information some times. This one seemed to know what she was talking about- but she didn't.

Here, you can see Michael and Kelly up on the far stage with Chris whoever:

Feb2013168_zps1ac5204c.jpg

The blimp was still circling:

Feb2013169_zpsef6710ce.jpg

For some reason, they filmed the ending of the show before it was really over. Maybe the Lion King performers needed to get back to work. Here, you can see Michael up on stage in Minnie Mouse ears banging a drum:

Feb2013170_zps8c1d2795.jpg

Feb2013171_zpsd177a58f.jpg

In case you are feeling sorry for me because I had to sit off to the side while the girls got to watch the show, don't.

I had this guy sitting next to me to keep me company:

Feb2013172_zps6e33a503.jpg

His grandaugher and kids were meeting the princesses inside, and he was chilling out here in a rocker.

He told me that us old guys were entitled to sit here and rock.

By "us" he apparently met him and I.

That made me feel good.

His kids and grand-daughter came out after a while, and he complained that he didn't know they would be done so fast. They told him he needed to come with them because they were heading to Space Mountain. He said he didn't want to go. He liked it on the porch. He said he would wait there for them. They said that they would be doing other rides after Space Mountain, and wouldn't be back this way for a few hours. He said he didn't care, he would wait. So, they left, and he stayed. God bless him.

I told you that I awarded a TCD Dress to Impress award on this trip. It went to this fellow in the shorts and Converse high tops:

Feb2013173_zps994029eb.jpg

Take a closer look:

dti_zps98b8cbd9.jpg

You know, that outfit doesn't look so impressive in the photos.

You had to be there.

I liked how I was kind of sitting behind Goofy. I never knew how many people stopped and take photos with him. He was almost constantly occupied by people stopping for photos. But, I was able to snap a quick photo in between visitors:

Feb2013174_zpsd835b254.jpg

You know what else I could see from back here?

Goofy's cord:

Feb2013176_zpsad78014b.jpg

If you follow TCD TR's, you may know that Goofy and his bench have been missing a few times recently for renovations. According to a rare reliable Disney CM (i.e. Lou), Goofy at one time spoke to guests from this bench. Hence the cord. Despite the recent work done on Goofy, he remains mute. The fact that the cord is still there, though, suggests that maybe, just maybe, Goofy will one day speak again.

Or maybe not.

The taping of the live show finally concluded at around 1 pm.

I had texted the girls, and we met by the Goofy bench.

My fellow old guy told me I ought to let the girls go have some fun and stay there with him.

But, we wanted to get some lunch.

So, I told him I had to go.

Somebody else grabbed my chair right away, and was already getting his ear bent by the old guy.

The girls enjoyed the show taping.

We watched it last week.

They didn't make it on TV.

And, Kelly and Michael lied like rugs.

They began the show by saying it was Wednesday morning, February 20th.

Even though the show was taped on Monday.

The magic of television.

Even though it was 1 pm, and we expected it to be crowded, we decided to try the Be Our Guest restaurant for lunch.

As you may know, it's the go to place for lunch in the MK for the TCD gang.

On the way there, we walked past the Mine Train ride. If you look carefully at this next photo, you can see that there are guys in hardhats working on it:

Feb2013177_zpsd41f87d8.jpg

We arrived at BOG to find the line extending all the way across the bridge and around the corner toward Gaston's Tavern.

The CM's said it would be an hour wait.

Poop.

But, we know that CM's lie worse than Kelly and Michael.

So we joined the line.

I took this photo at 1:19 PM, just as we rounded the corner toward the bridge. We had only been in line a couple of minutes at that point, but we had to go all the way across the bridge:

Feb2013179_zps4e6e8ac4.jpg

I took this photo a little bit after that last one, the line was moving at a steady pace:

Feb2013180_zps93b457dd.jpg

At 1:35 pm, I took this photo in the armor room:

Feb2013182_zps870fd466.jpg

You get to place your order right after the armor room.

So, it took us just 16 minutes to get from all the way outside to just about being ready to order.

Not anywhere near an hour.

I'm telling you, this is the place to come for a quick serve lunch in the MK.

The girls split a turkey sandwich and each got a bowl of soup, I tried the croque monsieur.

Which doubled the times in my life I have eaten a croque monsieur.

Don't let the fancy name dissuade you. It's just a grilled ham and cheese sandwich.

And, it was delicious.

But, I have to say, the one I had at the new quick serve place in France at Epcot was better.

Plus, you get to be abused by real French people there.

So, it's much more authentic.

We enjoyed everything about our lunch in BOG.

Can't wait to do it again.

From here, we had some time before our SM Fastpasses would be good, so we decided to head over to Big Thunder Mountain and get Fastpasses there, then hop the train to Storybook Circus and walk from there to Space Mountain.

On the way, we saw that the new Rapunzel Meet and Greet area looks like it's about done:

Feb2013183_zps0b30149c.jpg

Feb2013184_zpsfdc18574.jpg

Do you know that Disney still has not announced what this space will be?

I say it's going to include a Rapunzel meet and greet.

We will soon find out if I'm right.

We headed on past the new area, and toward Big Thunder.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD

I told you that I awarded a TCD Dress to Impress award on this trip. It went to this fellow in the shorts and Converse high tops:

Feb2013173_zps994029eb.jpg

Take a closer look:

dti_zps98b8cbd9.jpg

You had to be there.

TCD

Interesting that you should say that. Because yes, you had to be there. These photos don't quite convey the WTFortery either. Trust me, it was there. Epcot, about a week earlier.

IMG_0375_zps9314b29a.jpg

IMG_0377_zps6558e436.jpg

If you've ever had KFK's pies, you would cave easily too.

Really?

I have met KFK a couple of time now, and no pie for me.

I wonder if she leaves them cooling on the window sill?

Interesting that you should say that. Because yes, you had to be there. These photos don't quite convey the WTFortery either. Trust me, it was there. Epcot, about a week earlier.

IMG_0375_zps9314b29a.jpg

IMG_0377_zps6558e436.jpg

Just goes to show you that WDW is for everyone.

That second photo is kind of cute.

Great update.

I have never noticed Goofy's cord and I never knew he talked.

Did the old man have anything to say about the tight shorts, high top converse boy?

Which old man are you referring to. Me or the guy next to me?

Actually, neither one of us said anything.

I don't think the other old man noticed.

He was too busy complaining about stuff.

He really was having a magical day.

TCD

Nice update. You always have great pictures and commentary.

We have rezzies at BOG at 9:00 pm, thanks to Jason, I'm definetely going there for lunch since the line moves that fast and hope I can either get earlier dinner rezzies or cancel them since we will have eaten lunch there

I was referring to the other old man.

I figured if he had something to say it would have been really good...or bad......but that you may not have been able to repeat it verbatim here.

That other old guy wasn't really paying attention to anything. Even if he was, I'm not sure he would have said anything too bad. He was a nice enough guy, He just didn't want to be at the MK. I wonder why he was there. He could have found a rocking chair to sit in for free somewhere else.

Nice update. You always have great pictures and commentary.

We have rezzies at BOG at 9:00 pm, thanks to Jason, I'm definetely going there for lunch since the line moves that fast and hope I can either get earlier dinner rezzies or cancel them since we will have eaten lunch there

Thanks.

Yes, try BOG for lunch. The line, even when long, has always moved fast for us.

You order your food, and you get a plastic rose to put on your table. That rose is really a tracking device, and CM's use it to find you and bring you your food.

Your food comes out on real plates, and you stop and pick up real flatware on your way to the table.

You get to enjoy the ambiance and decor of the restaurant while paying quick serve prices.

Dinner is great there, but it's pricey. Lunch can be a little hectic, as people are coming and going all the time, but it is great way to experience the restaurant without paying sit down meal prices.

TCD

My take on why the old man was there at the MK when he didn't want to be...because he was on a multi generational family vacation and no matter what individuals wanted to do every moment would be planned out and spent together. He was just escaping from all the togetherness.

I think it was the two tone socks with crocs that was the focal point of the photo up above somewhere. The photos are sweet with regard to content.

Glad you saw the girls.

BOG is so on my list of places to eat lunch.

Glad to hear you liked the Little Mermaid ride. I understand the criticism that they could have done more, but I think they did a great job with the overall experience and they built a new classic.

Sorry to hear about the photos. I was hoping maybe those would get lost.

Oh well, at least I wasn't dancing with a wig on my head.

TCD

They could have done a little more but all in all it doesn't smb. Behave Dave or your pie gets no secret ingredient.

The photos actually turned out kinda cute. :)

Amen to that. The only person I have ever seen dancing with a granny wig on was... well... my granny. ;D

Hilarious!

That was too easy!

Pie is a force to be reckoned with.

If you've ever had KFK's pies, you would cave easily too.

You flatter me. :D

Really?

I have met KFK a couple of time now, and no pie for me.

I wonder if she leaves them cooling on the window sill?

TCD

I don't make pie at the Fort. It's nothing personal. ;)

Take a closer look:

dti_zps98b8cbd9.jpg

You had to be there.

and the accessorizing award goes to.....

Manly Man with the Princess purse.

Really? So is this article erroneous? Perhaps overcome by events? Did Starbucks pull out?

From that same article.

Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

From that same article.

Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

So...based upon comments they have clarified that the cinnamon rolls are indeed gone from the Main St Bakery. That's a shame.

So...based upon comments they have clarified that the cinnamon rolls are indeed gone from the Main St Bakery. That's a shame.

I would take that comment as "They are currently available at Gaston's" until the Bakery reopens. JMHO.