I'm not the resident fisherman....but I do enjoy throwing a line in with my kids. It's just catch and release from any of the canals or the lake in the campground. We like to fish the canal that runs behind the 500 loop. Many people, especially TNBob, like to fish from the dock at the Meadows Trading Post in the middle of the campground. No license needed if I remember right. Another good spot is the big canal behind the 300 loop.

I don't think fishing is allowed at all from the docks at the marina on Bay Lake. You can take fishing excursions on the lake and fish from boats, but that of course costs money. Throwing your line in within the campground costs nothing.

If you read the other thread like Mo posted, it should give you enough info to go on. Fishing isn't really my thing unless I am at the fort, then its a hook, weight and chicken skin(breaded). I don't fish anywhere else except the fort. It is just enjoyable and peaceful to stand on the dock and dunk the hook in the water. Any kind of bait will work, hot dogs work best although they are hard to keep on the hook.

I hope you have a good time but don't expect throphy fishing unless you want to pay for an excursion.

I'm with Bob..I don't fish to feed the family, but it is very relaxing at the fort. As long as you have a pole, hook, and any kind of leftovers, you can pull in sunfish all day. The kids had a blast, buT the flopping fishs freaked out my dog a bit. :). Hot dogs were used, but like Bob said, sometimes it's tough to keep it on the hook.

Enjoy the relaxation