First time for me also...loved that you made a budget and stayed in it. Why would anyone give grief to someone trying to make and stay in a budget?

Gretchen -

I asked for advise on the budget board "over there" on how to earn some extra cash, since we were going to be on a tight budget. Some people gave good advice, like get a paper route. Others berated me for being such a bad mom, taking the kids to WDW and only taking them to one park, not letting them buy all the souveniers they want, and making them stay in a tent instead of a nice hotel. As you can see, my kids had a great time inspite of all the "hardships" they had to endure.

Gretchen -

I asked for advise on the budget board "over there" on how to earn some extra cash, since we were going to be on a tight budget. Some people gave good advice, like get a paper route. Others berated me for being such a bad mom, taking the kids to WDW and only taking them to one park, not letting them buy all the souveniers they want, and making them stay in a tent instead of a nice hotel. As you can see, my kids had a great time inspite of all the "hardships" they had to endure.

Have I ever mentioned my distain for "those" people Marty? I love this trip report and never get tired of reading it, I needed a little :heart: this morning and you gave me the warm fuzzy, I mean how dare us make our children sleep in tents?? what are we thinking? lol Some people should be shot on site as a common courtesy to their fellow man.

Gretchen -

Well they are nuts! So glad I found you guys after the flush...fiends rule!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

As we are in the month where people on Facebook are sharing what they are grateful for, I thought it only appropriate to bump Marty's trip report.

I am forever grateful to her and her family for showing us that a trip to Disney on a small budget can be done and done well.

Thank you Marty!  :heartsmiley:

• 10 months later...