WDW Transportation (yes, even the Monorails)

They've been testing the outside announcements for a while at certain resorts on certain buses.

I know for a fact that most people don't pay attention when the announcements are made inside, and it's no different when they're made on the outside.

The amusing thing is that by the time the announcement ends, the bus is 100 yards down the road.

Well that's dumb.

We were far enough away that it didn't bother me, but if I had a site right up near a bus stop, I wouldn't want to hear the bus PA announcements all day (or night).

When I walked over to take this photo,  I thought I heard the announcement that the next stop was the Settlement Depot and that it was the location of Pioneer Hall, etc.  Why does that need to be announced outside of the bus?

TCD

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of the above. As for testing, Disney has tested electric and hybrid buses, but both have failed miserably and they've settled on the diesel Gillig bus as their primary bus and that's all they've b

Actually it's quite simple. I have two names, my given name, which I never use and a name kinda, sorta, based on that name which was given to me by US Immigration. They don't change names anymore as t

I changed your post.  Not to make it accurate, or even to make any sense.  Just to tick you off. 

Why does that need to be announced outside of the bus?

It's another instance of new IMs needing something to justify their presence.

It's mainly to announce to the waiting idiot parents, and there are many, that refuse to take the brats out of the strollers until the bus has stopped and it's their turn to board. Hey IPs, take the rugrat out when you first see the bus. It can walk or you can carry it for 20 feet.

Can I tell you how many times one of those idiot parents has held up the entire bus because they haven't been able to figure it out. 

The best case is when they finally get around to yanking the brat out of the stroller, but they can't figure out how to fold the Hummer size stroller.

It's another instance of new IMs needing something to justify their presence.

It's mainly to announce to the waiting idiot parents, and there are many, that refuse to take the brats out of the strollers until the bus has stopped and it's their turn to board. Hey IPs, take the rugrat out when you first see the bus. It can walk or you can carry it for 20 feet.

Can I tell you how many times one of those idiot parents has held up the entire bus because they haven't been able to figure it out. 

The best case is when they finally get around to yanking the brat out of the stroller, but they can't figure out how to fold the Hummer size stroller.

I am pretty sure I see an idiot parent who doesn't even think about getting his kid out of the stroller until the bus has pulled up on every trip.

Every trip.

At least once.

And, what makes it worse is that these idiots often try to bring the unfolded stroller on to the bus despite the obvious fact that it won't fit through the bus door and it will block the aisle.  They don't care about the other 40 people waiting to board, of course, it's all about them.

TCD

There is almost nothing Walt Disney about the Disney Channel. Once the toddler stuff is done and Phineus and Ferb are off there is no redeeming programs. I wish they showed more of the old cartoons or the movies

I agree. The cartoons on now are C.R.A.P. Were they drunk when they came up with these ideas? The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Annoying Orange............etc. etc. There's nothing remotely entertaining in any of these. What happened to cartoons like Scooby Doo and Jonny Quest? I don't let Nikki watch most of the new stuff out there. Thank goodness she loves cooking and science shows (oh and Monster Jam-Grave Digger is da man she says) :laugh:

Why are they using the monorail to advertise these "other" brands, (yeah I know it's all Disney now), but if they are gonna wrap a monorail, why don't they wrap their main stream animation movies?? You know, the fun stuff :)

There is a Monsters U monorail out there.

I agree. The cartoons on now are C.R.A.P. Were they drunk when they came up with these ideas? The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Annoying Orange............etc. etc. There's nothing remotely entertaining in any of these. What happened to cartoons like Scooby Doo and Jonny Quest? I don't let Nikki watch most of the new stuff out there. Thank goodness she loves cooking and science shows (oh and Monster Jam-Grave Digger is da man she says) :laugh:

Phineas and Ferb is pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Beginning in June and lasting until July, WDW Transportation will be testing an all-electric bus.

One of the locations that it will be tested at is the Fort. The other is the EPCOT CM shuttle.

Don't all you tree huggers get excited because they've tested all kinds of alternate energy buses before and they went nowhere.

However, because of the nature of the bus service at the Fort and CM shuttles, they may work there, but not for regular resort to park service.

Beginning in June and lasting until July, WDW Transportation will be testing an all-electric bus.

One of the locations that it will be tested at is the Fort. The other is the EPCOT CM shuttle.

Don't all you tree huggers get excited because they've tested all kinds of alternate energy buses before and they went nowhere.

However, because of the nature of the bus service at the Fort and CM shuttles, they may work there, but not for regular resort to park service.

You got a problem with tree huggers?

Its good to hear the new Gillig buses are in service and Disney are once again experimenting with electric buses.

Is there any word on when the articulated buses are scheduled to arrive?

Seeing that they are only being tested on two very low speed and short distance routes for a short period of time, I think they are just going through the motions so that they can be ruled out as real transportation mode. Kinda like the monorails.

IMO, battery powered buses are going nowhere, literally. It's all PR for the Green image crap.

I'm guessing that the artics will arrive around Aug.

Several years ago, they had some type of electric hybrid bus that they were trying out at the Fort during our visit.

It had an engine that would cycle on and off, and some of the time the bus would operate on electric only.  It was strange how quiet the bus was when the motor was shut off.

I suspected that Disney got the use of the bus for free from the manufacturer. I only saw it that one trip and never again.

TCD

The bus service in Allentown has several hybrid busses in its fleet and has had for a couple years now.

Several years ago, they had some type of electric hybrid bus that they were trying out at the Fort during our visit.

It had an engine that would cycle on and off, and some of the time the bus would operate on electric only.  It was strange how quiet the bus was when the motor was shut off.

That's correct, Disney did test a hybrid bus. Hybrid meaning, piece of crap as well as a piece of junk.

I heard, don't know if it's true, that it caught on fire, and it was put on a flatbed, which is when I saw it, and back to Tree Huggers Inc.

Even the current buses are quiet when the motor is turned off.

It was a colossal failure.

The bus service in Allentown has several hybrid busses in its fleet and has had for a couple years now.

I'm so happy for you.