Question about dining rules

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not so fast you two loosers, as usual, Allears info is incomplete and slightly off.

Great One- Will you please put a suggestion in the Disneyworld suggestion box for us poor schmuckfaces who don't have access to the wonderful CM computer information? Would it be too much trouble for

Disney Restaurant Pricing SMB.

I realized how spoiled we Disney fans are after trying to plan a trip to Cedar Point. You won't find much dining information on the official site, and there is nothing like FortFiends or AllEars!

Cedar Point is more of a Day Trip instead of a destination, but it is a really great place.

Gail, who is the owner and pays for the stupid phone that she forces me to at least have somewhere in my vicinity, recently told me that I would probably have no choice of having a smart phone as they'll stop making the flip phones at some point.

Just recently my wife's flip phone broke, so we went to get a replacement. Good luck. We finally found one at Radio Shack, but whereas they used to be free if you extended your agreement a couple years, it cost me 80 bucks and a 35 dollar activation fee. Verizon had nothing at their stores. A smart phone, however, could be had for nothing. I want my phone to be a phone, my camera to be a camera, my computer to be a computer.

Prices change on 4/8, 6/7, 8/18, 9/9, 11/23.

I've looked up the buffets and the dates are the same.

I would assume it would apply to table service as well, but I'm not going to look them all up, not even for you.

So, what do those dates mean?

Prices go down on 4/8? Then back up on 6/7 through 8/18? Then down again from 8/19 through 9/9? Then up again from 9/10 through 11/23? Do they drop on 11/24? They surely must be going back up soon after that for the Christmas rush.

Is that all there is to it? Why would it be so hard to make this available to the paying customers?

TCD

Just recently my wife's flip phone broke, so we went to get a replacement. Good luck. We finally found one at Radio Shack, but whereas they used to be free if you extended your agreement a couple years, it cost me 80 bucks and a 35 dollar activation fee. Verizon had nothing at their stores. A smart phone, however, could be had for nothing. I want my phone to be a phone, my camera to be a camera, my computer to be a computer.

Sam's Club has a decent selection of dumb phones for each carrier. I have AT&T, but I got a nice phone for $0.96 (plus the stinkin $35 activation). It makes calls and texts great. That's all I want it to do. When I went in there to downgrade from the smart phones to these the woman said we weren't the first to do so. And if the carrier ever stops selling them to force people into a smart phone, I'll drop the whole damn thing and go to using a 2-way radio.

They don't want you to know how much the meal costs until you've already put the first potsticker in your mouth.

Obviously. Maybe they want to reserve the right to up the price during the meal.

BTW- I broke down and looked at All Ears. They don't have the dates posted as to when prices change. Also, their price ranges are not the same as what Disney has on their website.

I think it's true that all of this is deliberate and designed to drive people to buy the Dining Plan.

I guess it's going to be more quick serve and meals and the campsite for the TCD gang.

No way am I going to eat at a place where they won't even tell me what they're going to charge me before I get there. Certainly not with the prices they charge.

TCD

Sam's Club has a decent selection of dumb phones for each carrier. I have AT&T, but I got a nice phone for $0.96 (plus the stinkin $35 activation). It makes calls and texts great. That's all I want it to do. When I went in there to downgrade from the smart phones to these the woman said we weren't the first to do so. And if the carrier ever stops selling them to force people into a smart phone, I'll drop the whole damn thing and go to using a 2-way radio.

Like I said ebay or some other phone reseller. Especially on AT&T and T-Mobile that are SIM Card based. My parents both have dumb phones, and when it dies, they go find another cheap dumb phone on ebay. No contract extension, no activation fee, nuttin. Just put the chip in the phone.

Agree with all that the pricing is a racket.  But, they can get away with it so they keep doing it.

IMO most of the food offerings at WDW are grossly overpriced year-round, and few of the offerings are worth what you pay for them.

But, thanks to all of you and your reviews, photos and recommendations, I will keep trying the many places I never have.  I am particularly looking forward to the caramel I see so often.

However, I will still be dragging my own snacks to nibble on between meals and bottles of water into the parks, along with drink mixes to blend in with the horrible tap water when we refill.

I have spoken to the CM's in Disney dining a few times over the past couple of weeks.  All but one were very helpful, though not enough to help me figure out what to do in my situation.  For that and other reasons, we will be skipping the Biergarten (sp?) experience this time, but will definitely keep it on the list of places to try down the road.  I'm sure we'll drop by Germany for a beer, though.  And, I got ADR's for HDDR in a couple of months instead!