They go great with a beer! They aren't slimy! You shouldn't boil them to mush and if you start with good fresh peanuts the shell will still be firm. If they are slimy, I ain't eatin em! Jason, they are deliciously salty or spicy if you like em spicy. Don't give up on them til you try em!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sorry y'all. There ain't much better than boiled peanuts! It is an exciting time when they pull those fresh green peanuts out of the ground and we have our first peanut boil! Come on, right near m

I LOVE boiled peanuts. I am planning to buy some to take with us on our next trip. I now buy the ones in the bags at Wal Mart. They are great. I take some out and put them a bowl and then re seal t

But the fresh ones are even better than the canned ones, as long as they use the green peanuts (the ones that haven't been dryer). Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

If you buy the ones in the can or in the bags at Wal Mart they might seem slimy but if you wash them off and drain them good they won't be.   I don't mind the residue left on them when I drain them.  They are sooooooo good.   :banana:  :raspberry:

I LOVE boiled peanuts. I am planning to buy some to take with us on our next trip. I now buy the ones in the bags at Wal Mart.

They are great. I take some out and put them a bowl and then re seal the bag (or use a clip) and put in the fridge till the next time I want them. I also buy them in the cans (both size cans) all the time. The bag even tells you how to heat them if you like them warm. I like them cold. Ken can not understand why I like them. I don't know....I just do. But then I like pickled pig feet too. Honest !!

He loves clam dip and clam chowder & I don't so we are even. LOL

I'm with you Judy. I love boiled peanuts!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Carefully open the can. Empty the contents into a microwaveable bowl. Scrape the bowl into the trash.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought some of the BIG cans of boiled peanuts for my personal enjoyment....I don't really have to worry about anyone in this house eating them.  No one likes them except for little ole me.  When my middle daughter and her 2 daughters come ..well that is another story.   :jumpforjoy