Ah but Twitter (or some other similar solution) would be a lot easier to use for folks on their phones, since most of us don't carry out laptops around with us.

Plus if I understand what OnkelHans is suggesting, it would make it very easy to find everyone's site numbers at a glance without having to weed through pages and pages of thread posts (not to mention the hijacking) - again something that's a PITA to do on the phone.

Like Carol, I've avoided Twitter like the plague because I already have too many ways to lose time on the interwebz.  But maybe there's a better way of doing it here, or somewhere that wouldn't require people needing to have a Twitter or FB account (since I know a lot of folks here don't do either)? 

I'm not sure what that might be though. 

I have only just started using it in the past week or two; it never seemed that useful to me either but I tried it out after getting a new smartphone.  It still doesn't seem very useful, but like MO pointed out, it might be a simpler way of communicating site numbers.

Ah but Twitter (or some other similar solution) would be a lot easier to use for folks on their phones, since most of us don't carry out laptops around with us.

Plus if I understand what OnkelHans is suggesting, it would make it very easy to find everyone's site numbers at a glance without having to weed through pages and pages of thread posts (not to mention the hijacking) - again something that's a PITA to do on the phone.

Like Carol, I've avoided Twitter like the plague because I already have too many ways to lose time on the interwebz.  But maybe there's a better way of doing it here, or somewhere that wouldn't require people needing to have a Twitter or FB account (since I know a lot of folks here don't do either)? 

I'm not sure what that might be though. 

I am not sure the coding involved but maybe an input box on the first page that says post your site number here. It would then automatically populate a thread that only it writes to with you name and site number?

Edited to add..an option on the Sites App? find the site your on and check-in so to speak?

I will be putting up lime green mickey shapes on all sites that annoy me.

Saw Tom's sign and saw him this afternoon.

Is he cool like all dentists are?

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think this board is more private than FB and Twitter.  I don't want to post on either of those that I'm away from home. 

It's a fair point, Gwen.  If we setup something like that, it would have to be a closed group that only members could access.

Although honestly, even though the site # threads here are on the "members only" threads, anyone can sign up and become a member, so it's not super secure from the outside world.

:bravo: