Annual Passholder Discounts on Campsites?

Hi Folks!

My wife and I are new RV'ers - in fact, we don't even own an RV yet.  We've spent the last year researching and getting ready, and are finally in the process of getting a small motorhome (probably this Summer, possibly as late as next Fall).  So with that out of the way, a quick question for the Pros:

We are HUGE Disney fanatics and go up on our seasonal passes probaly 6-8 times each year between September and March so we're all about the Passholder discount for hotels.  There is literally always an annual passholder discount available on the resort properties but I noticed when I went in this morning to look for the Campground rates, only the cabins were listed.  I swear though that in the past I'd specifically seen Campsites in addition to the cabins listed in the AP discount page.  What gives?  Is there an annual passholder discount for the campsites at FW?  Does it just come and go with the seasons (i.e. there's no discount through May since it's busy right now)?

Thanks for the information (on this thread AND via the immense amount of lurking I've done here since seeing many of  the Fort Fiends' yard signs when we looped on foot during Christmas 2011 and '12 at the Fort.

Hi Folks!

We are HUGE Disney fanatics and go up on our seasonal passes probaly 6-8 times each year between September and March so we're all about the Passholder discount for hotels.  There is literally always an annual passholder discount available on the resort properties but I noticed when I went in this morning to look for the Campground rates, only the cabins were listed.  I swear though that in the past I'd specifically seen Campsites in addition to the cabins listed in the AP discount page.  What gives?  Is there an annual passholder discount for the campsites at FW?  Does it just come and go with the seasons (i.e. there's no discount through May since it's busy right now)?

We have the regular AP and so far no discounts but the AAA discount more than pays for the membership cost.

Do you have to call to book in order to use AAA or is it an option someplace when booking online?  We're AAA members already as well.  Does the AAA work year round?

I use a Travel Agent to book.  I just told her I had the discount, she checked my dates and said it was available.  I don't know if it's year round or not... new member

All discounts are usually of "limited quantity" and almost never for the "holilday/peak".  You will usually find fewer available for the full and preferred sites as well, but also there are fewer of those sites in general compared to the number of premium.  When the TA made our Oct res Premium sites had the AAA and they were cheaper than preferred.

I would definitely use a Travel Agent since they can keep an eye out for the discounts when they are announced and also make your reservation as early as possible. Book a site only, requires a 1 night deposit, you can always change it to a package at a later date.

Oh and "welcome".

There isn't anywhere booking through the website to search for or enter any discounts.

You can call Disney directly, although sometimes is takes multiple calls to track down an available discount.

Alternately you can use a travel agent, who'll do all that leg work for you.

A great place to stay on top of available discounts is MouseSavers.com.  Sign up for their newsletter and they'll keep you well informed about new discounts as they pop up.

:welcrowd:

• 2 weeks later...