My wife and I are getting itchy trigger fingers and about to purchase our first motorhome.  We keep coming back to the various floorplans of the Jayco Greyhawk.  We're open to just about any of them, from the "tiny" 26ds all the way up to the longer units.  Wondering if any of you Fiends are camping in Greyhawks and have opinions, pros/cons, etc.

we had a jayco seneca-super c.  loved it. sold it for a great price so we had to move on.  then we kinda regretted selling it.  but, it was a great rig.  grumpy and grandma still have theirs and feel the same way we do about it.  it is a great rv, not bad priced and we didn't have any real problems.

Before we bought the SENECA we had a 2001 JAYCO 32' Designer MH which we enjoyed as well, drove it over 50,000 miles. We now have 40,000 on the SENECA, neither unit gave us any problems. We also know numerous people with Greyhawks (sister-in-law included) and they all seem to be very happy with their purchase. One thing to remember JAYCO gives you a 2 yr warranty so if you have any "bugs" they will get taken care of since they usually manifest themselves early on.

One piece of advice.  Don't buy too small you may want to trade up too early and that is when you take the biggest loss.

Edited by Grumpy and Grandma

Thanks for the advice.  We are looking at the Greyhawk 29ks but it's our first RV and my wife is more comfortable going smaller.  With the Greyhawk I don't see how this matters because the "small" one is still almost 29 feet long but has a corner bed and the tiny bath of a much smaller unit.  For almost the same price it seems we can get a more traditional layout with an island queen, etc. if we go just a teensy bit bigger - 30-33 feet.  Still small in my book. :-)  Really like the Jaycos.  LOVE the Seneca but a bit out of our budget right now.  The Greyhawk is right at the top (my wife may suggest a bit OVER the top).  We were originally looking at the new Redhawk that is more "entry level" but still really nice.  Saw a couple of Greyhawks at a local RV show and fell madly in love.

Tell her not to be afraid to drive it.  I drove ours all the time.  You just have to be the best co-pilot ever!  Let her know when to change lanes, etc..  We had a 20' trailer we pulled with our car and gc on it and I didn't have any issues driving it.  It isn't that bad.  29' or 33' isn't going to make a difference.  Although, we did do some upgrades to our suspension which helped a lot in the handling.

We liked the Greyhawks but we found a floor plan in the Coachman's that we really liked.  Our goal is to end up in the Leprechaun 319ds.  The Freelander version is a good option too if we can't get into the Leprechaun.  Our travel trailer is a Jayco and for an "06 it has been a great starter, only minor age related issues so we have nothing bad to say about Jayco.  Find what fits you best and go for it!