We leave tomorrow!!!! We're leaving after work, so I'm not sure how far we'll get. We will need to stay somewhere along 75 overnight and check in at the Fort on Friday.

Last time we stayed at a campground that had special overnight campsites that you just pull in, but I can't remember what it was called. Someone here recommended it. Can anyone name that campground?

Anyway, I'm looking for other options depending on how far south we get. Based on reading here, I know we don't want to stay at In and Out.

http://www.sunrvresorts.com/grandlake.htlm

that is the website for Grand Lake, the last time we stopped there it was $25 and it was comparable to what we pay 50 or 60 bucks a night for. There office closes at 5 or so if I remember so you need to call and they will leave the packet out side for you or the ranger will meet ya.

I forget what exit it is but it is the same one for Ocala North Campground (never stayed there) and then it is about 3 or 4 straight miles to the campground. Then it is about an hour and a half to the fort from there.

it seems my link isn't working, its is Grand Lake in Ocala or Citra Fl and it is a Sun Rv Resorts property, you'll have to google it.

http://www.sunrvresorts.com/grandlake.htlm

that is the website for Grand Lake, the last time we stopped there it was $25 and it was comparable to what we pay 50 or 60 bucks a night for. There office closes at 5 or so if I remember so you need to call and they will leave the packet out side for you or the ranger will meet ya.

I forget what exit it is but it is the same one for Ocala North Campground (never stayed there) and then it is about 3 or 4 straight miles to the campground. Then it is about an hour and a half to the fort from there.

it seems my link isn't working, its is Grand Lake in Ocala or Citra Fl and it is a Sun Rv Resorts property, you'll have to google it.

That link doesn't work.

If you happen to get to Wildwood (right at the turnpike) the KOA is under new ownership and greatly improved. when we stayed there in Jan it was only $20. We have also used Jennings Outdoor Camp Resort which just South of the Ga/Fl Border as well as the one Gary mentioned in Ocala.