It looks like I might be returning to Disney sooner rather than later for a conference. Sadly, the conference is in July. Hello heat! The conference is offering a huge discount at the Contemporary and Poly. I've stayed at the Contemporary before, most recently about 3 years ago. I like it, but I've never stayed at the Poly.

If the trip happens, it will be my mom, DS4, and me in case that matters. I considered getting a partial site and renting a pop-up, but the hotel rate is so cheap, it really doesn't make sense. By the time I add a cart (and I know I'd want one), I'm at the same price as the discounted room, maybe more.

So would you choose the Poly or the Contemporary? And why?

I've never stayed at either, but I'd choose the Poly.  I am guessing your mom and Z would be hanging back at the hotel sometimes while you are at the conference, and I think the Poly grounds are more inviting, in particular more shady in the summer.  And I think the pool area seems nice to hang out.  JMHO...not bashing the CR, I just have always found the Poly more "resort like".

Hey this isn't going to interfere with your Jersey trip is it?!?!?!?

It actually might.... :(  It depends on cash flow. My mom would be coming, but with almost my whole family up there, it will be hard not to go.

But if it does, I will likely be up there sometime in November or December.

Although you'll be attending a conference, your mom might want to take take your son to the parks. One advantage of choosing the CR is that you can walk to MK.

Because the CR shares a bus with the Poly, in the mornings, a lot of times the buses will fill up at the CR and either bypass the Poly entirely or arrive there packed.

Also if the conference is at the CR, you'll already be there.

It actually might.... :( It depends on cash flow. My mom would be coming, but with almost my whole family up there, it will be hard not to go.

But if it does, I will likely be up there sometime in November or December.

Ill be here whenever you get up here lol.

Although you'll be attending a conference, your mom might want to take take your son to the parks. One advantage of choosing the CR is that you can walk to MK.

Because the CR shares a bus with the Poly, in the mornings, a lot of times the buses will fill up at the CR and either bypass the Poly entirely or arrive there packed.

Also if the conference is at the CR, you'll already be there.

The conference is at the Poly, but I'm not actually required to be there a ton, so it's kind of a non-factor for me.

The bus point is a good one. What about your favorite.... the monorail to MK?

The conference is at the Poly, but I'm not actually required to be there a ton, so it's kind of a non-factor for me.

The bus point is a good one. What about your favorite.... the monorail to MK?

The MR is the MR, it's up, it's down. And if you do ride it, don't forget to pack a rope ladder in your backpack just in case.

Course you can also hop the Launch from the Poly to MK. 

You can't go wrong with either one.

I like that you can take a boat to WL and FW from the Contemporary.

I also like that if you get a room in the main tower, you will either have a view of the MK or Bay Lake.  Both are nice.  Seeing the monorails come through the building is cool, too.  I would not want a room in one of the garden wings.

The Polynesian pool is much better themed than the Contemporary's.  And the view of the MK fireworks from the beach is great!

If it were me, I would choose a room in the Contemporary tower over a room at the Poly.  But, I would be more than happy with a room at the Poly.

TCD

I say stay at the CR so Z and your mom can walk to MK if they want while you are busy during the day.

They can always take the monorail to the Poly to use the Volcano pool and get dole whips.

We do like the Poly pool better than the one at CR.

The pool is not gated. 

We walked in from Captain Cooks.....no problem.

The boat to WL and the Fort is a definite plus also!

I am no expert, but those are my thoughts based on our last couple trips.