Eat Your Heart Out Marty McFly......AC's 1978-1989 Trip Back in Time (updates that go back to 1975 commenced on 3-12-15 )

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's head to the ole fashioned swimmin hole, shall we?   We start out with a classic Disney relic of the past:       I should stop right here and pick it up later.   Those pics deserve their own up

He's moving even slower than brown paint guy ...

And here we go:                       Do you remember this character experience?     Moving on in Future World:                         Was that a Commodore 64?   How about robot

More treasures!

The River Country one is, indeed, the pinnacle of that batch.

But, I really liked the shots from the Contemporary roof too.  The islands in Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon looked better when they weren't overgrown.

TCD

I agree about the islands. 

That's some good stuff, right there.

Ooh!!

Thanks Mo.  I think you will like the old parade pics......they are from several trips so there is a variety.

Love all these old photos!

I loved the backlot tour...my favorite the Golden Girls House. To bad they got rid of the tour. 

I haven't seen the Living Seas with Nemo. I remember it the same as your pictures. Is it all Nemo theming now?  No more scuba guy in the tube?

I didn't like riding (or walking?) thru that tunnel surrounded by all those fish and sharks. Always scared the crap out of me. 

michele

It's all Nemo all the time now.  There is a small aquarium area that is non-Nemo related.

I probably haven't been back to Typhoon Lagoon since those pictures.

Ahhh... River Country.

We are never there during a real hot period....and when we have been, we have been satisfied with the pools at the Fort, CR, and Poly.  We need to checkout the WL pool and the Big Ole Blue Pool still though.

My favorite part of old Fort photos is seeing the old tow vehicles.  

I really love the GMC van you posted!  

But the pics of this Chevy are the most intriguing.  

At first, I wondered how your Dad got the trailer in the site front first so that the door was on the opposite side.  And how he managed the hookups with the trailer positioned this way.  

But then it dawned on me that you simply reversed the slide.   :lol:

IMG_3254_zpslhbf85c6.jpg

IMG_3255_zpsh4evyfql.jpg

Fort:

IMG_3267_zpsmy2b0gqu.jpg

Wow don't remember campers of that era having slide outs.

Love these old pics......My first trip to WDW was 2001 so I have no idea what was there, this is certainly filling in some gaps from those stories I have heard about RC and EPCOT.

And now I present for your viewing pleasure...........

https://youtu.be/RSny6D1LaII

Parade-a-palooza!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3308_zpsdirt0jbg.jpg

IMG_3309_zpsdq3cw9sc.jpg

IMG_3310_zpsqwfbt1oz.jpg

IMG_3311_zpsraswpjw6.jpg

IMG_3312_zps8djvhaud.jpg

IMG_3313_zpsfahw7k8b.jpg

IMG_3314_zpsnre8fd4d.jpg

IMG_3315_zpshcxwhdcs.jpg

IMG_3316_zpssvuyiymi.jpg

IMG_3317_zps8w4fcqzy.jpg

IMG_3318_zpsarbcgbtj.jpg

IMG_3319_zpsum5eu48y.jpg

IMG_3320_zpskkd0kij2.jpg

IMG_3321_zpsqwj2ylts.jpg

IMG_3322_zpsvuw2ccje.jpg

IMG_3323_zpsxyz1n0x0.jpg

IMG_3324_zpsliksjqw3.jpg

IMG_3325_zpsev5zlnre.jpg

IMG_3326_zpsibfepetj.jpg

IMG_3327_zpsswdoj586.jpg

IMG_3328_zpscxkuy5cq.jpg

IMG_3329_zpsj5fp85tn.jpg

IMG_3330_zpsclncxee2.jpg

IMG_3331_zpsnxnbvmxl.jpg

I hope you enjoyed those.  The red, white, and blue floats were pretty awesome.  I have enough pics for 2-3 Magic Kingdom updates and then I will need to do some more work with the remaining three slide reels.

My favorite part of old Fort photos is seeing the old tow vehicles.  

I really love the GMC van you posted!  

But the pics of this Chevy are the most intriguing.  

At first, I wondered how your Dad got the trailer in the site front first so that the door was on the opposite side.  And how he managed the hookups with the trailer positioned this way.  

But then it dawned on me that you simply reversed the slide.   :lol:

That is actually not my dad's vehicle.  That is the vehicle of the family we stayed with a few times at Disney.  We were probably across the way.  If you recall we had an old tan Suburban and then a Silver and Blue GMC van.

There were a few loose slides because one of the reels partially melted years ago on a projector that was a bit too hot.  The slides were undamaged and I likely did reverse a few. :)

Love these old pics......My first trip to WDW was 2001 so I have no idea what was there, this is certainly filling in some gaps from those stories I have heard about RC and EPCOT.

Maybe it was a true slideout like bunk ends on a PUP........like it is moved with manpower instead of battery power?

They might have been a rental unit as back then slide outs were actually called tip outs and had to be manually set up, not saying people did not travel with them but most were set up in a seasonal site.

They might have been a rental unit as back then slide outs were actually called tip outs and had to be manually set up, not saying people did not travel with them but most were set up in a seasonal site.

I would have been all set bc somebody would have shown up to help me set it up, and he probably would have brought some Yuengling too.

Elsa's Effing Fairy Godmother? I have no idea. It's funny though bc when i saw this pic I immediately wondered who would make the first comment about her.

This might be the booze talking but are we sure its a "her"?

And now for some additional Old School Magic Kingdom.

What could be more old school than the race cars?

Those have been gone for a long time..........or not:

IMG_3271_zpsspq1pdlz.jpg

If you have read this report from the beginning, you know about the old stage skits they use to do at a place called Fantasy Faire, which I believe is now a gift shop.  Here comes another of those shows:

IMG_3272_zpsjbvqhug3.jpg

IMG_3273_zpsypsmhd14.jpg

I remember loving those shows when I was a youngling.

Random pic:

IMG_3274_zpsyjfoddov.jpg

Now, I have a real treat to share; and know Dave unfortunately it is not an ooey gooey MSB cinnamon roll.

It is actually not pood forn at all.

It is eye candy for those who love old WDW stuff though.

I had forgotten about these pics but once I saw them it all came back to me.

I remember seeing these slides when I was a kid.  I have to admit that I don't remember seeing this in person,

although I remember riding the skyway numerous times.

I loved the skyway.

I wish it were still there.

It was a great view from up there.

Anyway, check these few pics out:

IMG_3275_zpste5dpxn2.jpg

IMG_3276_zpssj0lrjys.jpg

IMG_3277_zpsdi1fdwbl.jpg

That is 20,000 Leagues drained of all of its water!

I was thinking after seeing these slides and wondering if this could actually been a reason they got rid of the skyway.

This is kind of like looking behind the great wizard's curtain for those riding the skyway.

All of those kids who remember riding the skyway and seeing that would be ruined for the 20,0000 Leagues ride after that maybe?

I thought those pics were pretty sweet.  I hope you liked them.

Moving on, here is a pic from Minnie's birthday show at Mickey's Starland:

IMG_3280_zps9ietdzvv.jpg

Outside the MK and Main Street:

IMG_3298_zps74owvno6.jpg

IMG_3299_zpsmjqn5wi8.jpg

IMG_3302_zps6ih9ccnm.jpg

IMG_3303_zpsuyfv3amv.jpg

IMG_3304_zpsnf1pgls2.jpg

IMG_3305_zpsc4db2yo9.jpg

IMG_3306_zpsxnemqdl6.jpg

IMG_3307_zpsbpptc5tc.jpg

More MK coming up soon.

Anyone know the name of the group in the last pic? And what are they wearing? Skirts ... kilts ... culottes ... bloomers ... ?

I'm going with bloomers. :)

The real question is what are they wearing underneath?

Are they Scotsman? Are there any volunteers to check?

One-two-three.....Not It!!!!