2 New DCL Ships, Makeovers for Disney Magic and Wonder

From Inside the Magic...

Report: Two new Disney Cruise Line ships could be coming in 2015 & 2016, Magic and Wonder may receive major makeovers
by Ricky BrigantePosted on April 11, 2013

Ahoy landlubbers! I’ve just returned from four days at sea on the illustrious Disney Dream with news that’s making its way across all decks. According to multiple sources onboard, Disney Cruise Line is expected to make some big announcements soon regarding its current and future fleet of ships.

If the at-sea talk is true, Disney Cruise Line plans to add two new cruise ships, launching one in 2015 and one in 2016. The ships will reportedly be sized between the existing offerings, larger than the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder, but smaller than the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy.

Rest of the article with photos here...

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2013/04/report-two-new-disney-cruise-line-ships-could-be-coming-in-2015-2016-magic-and-wonder-may-receive-major-makeovers/

Wow!  Two more ships?  That's a lot of cabins to sell.  I wonder if pricing structures will remain the same? 

It is interesting that the rumors say the ships will be smaller than the Dream and Fantasy.  There have been complaints that service is not as good on the larger ships.  I have nothing to compare to as our one and only cruise was on the Dream, so the service seemed great to me.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the new ships serving the current routes of the Wonder and Magic while those ships go to Europe.  Or maybe they will add Asian itineraries? 

Went on one cruise in my life.  Sailed on the MSTS General Gordon and ended up in the middle of a whole lot of Oriental folks.  Haven't got up the nerve to try it again, but getting closer. 

I'm surprised that the schmuck faced writer didn't mention that "Magical Cruise Company Limited" a Disney subsidiary based in London, which is the company that operates and does business as "Disney Cruise Lines", has had a contract with the ship builder of the Dream and Fantasy for a total of four ships. They contracted and ordered two and have an option for two more "Dream Class" ships which is what the Dream and Fantasy are. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an article regarding the upcoming makeover to the Magic.  One item of note is the addition of the "AquaDunk"...a near-verticle drop water slide.  The article doesn't mention whether the slide drops you into a pool and into the ocean. 

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/04/26/disneys-first-cruise-ship-gets-extra-dose-magic-after-overhaul/?intcmp=features