how do you keep the slow cooker in place?

so-how do you keep a slow cooker from moving around in the sink while you are traveling?  i haven't been able to figure this one out-i haven't tried it, yet.  but, i am assuming my lil' cooker will move around quite a bit while traveling and would like it to sit kinda still.

so-what do you do?

a lot of people use theirs while they travel.  i was google searching and even came across people that used them while driving in their cars.  never would of thought to do that. but, one said with the kids - they were able to pull over and have a meal.  

I vote rubber bands or bungee to keep the lid on tight - but definitely put it in the sink or a container of some sort in case there's a bit of spillage.

Can't imagine the smell of delicious crockpot goodies while driving.

Then again, since I'm the one driving, I'm betting it would be empty by the time we stopped.  8)

First night ... stop at Cracker Barrel.

Second night ... GAG.

Maybe sometime we'll try the crock pot thing.

We have a winner!

Since I'm towing the pop-up, and we are only an hour and a half to two away, no mobile crock pot for me either.

Always a GAG on the first night.

I remember watching a show a while back where these people were duct taping foil packets of food to their engine to cook on their way to wherever it was they were going.

Seriously?

TCD

We have taken some pretty long RV trips.  Some of those trips involve long days of driving for me.  I love knowing that we will pull into a campground for the evening and have a home cooked meal washed down with a couple of beers.  Sometimes the thought of eating in a restaurant at those times is exhausting.  But no one wants to actually cook a meal or take the time to do it in those circumstances, so often INC will prepare something ahead of time that just needs to be warmed up.  But if you can have a hearty meal cooking in the crock pot, that's even better.  It can be more relaxing and healthier (not to mention cheaper) than eating out. 

We often use ours on the road.   I usually cook whatever it is and then take it to the sink in the RV.  One of ours has a lid that locks. I also  sit it on the non slip rubber shelf stuff.   If I am using the smaller one without the lock I sit it in the sink on the rubber stuff and then put a towel around it.  It has worked wonderfully for us.    When not in use it is kept under the dinette.  Good Luck.

A little late to see this one.  We had a specific cabinet built (moified?) in our trailer to carry the crockpot, but it hasn't always worked out.  We started with nothing and changed that fast after the first day on the road.  We, too, have gone the non-slip, but it didn't really work for us.  After attending an Escapees Escapade in Gillette, WY, we went to velcro with some success. After awhile we came to the conclusion (delayed intelligence?) that we have the crockpot in a cabinet that possibly too high for it's weight.  We moved the heavier pot (bowl?) to a bottom cabinet and keep the lighter heating element part in the original cabinet built for it.  It's fairing much better now when we travel.  David

• 2 weeks later...

We store ours under the bed in the master bedroom. The bed is hinged and we store iron cookware, crock, extra supp;lies, etc under there. Non-skid shelf liner on the floor and a thin towel between the lid and the crock to prevent breaking. It's never moved during transit.

rode2nowhere: a motorhome can power the 110 circuits even while traveling. The generator may or may not have to run, but it will work.