When we were at FW last week we were riding our bikes one night to the fireworks and trotting along the other side of the road was what looked like a very lost and scared Saint Bernard.  He wouldn’t come to the many who tried calling him, but he finally did lay down along the road where the people usually block traffic for the fireworks.  He was surrounded by a couple people and Disney employees so I’m assuming he was in good hands.  How he got out and where he came from I don’t know.  I did a check of people there for the fireworks to see if any of them were traveling with that type of dog and no one was.  His owners could have been anywhere.  Make sure your RV, TT and camper doors are firmly shut and locked and no windows are open for little (or big) faces to push open enough to escape.  Please don’t tether your dogs outside or put them in x-pens outside if you are not there to watch them.  I’m hoping he found his way home safe and sound.  Rick and I were talking that when you check in it might be a good idea if they requested the name and description of your pets just in case.  However, the most important thing is always have tags on them when traveling and make sure those tags have your cell phone number included.  Many people have a home phone, but hey! you’re not at home. 

Please don’t tether your dogs outside or put them in x-pens outside if you are not there to watch them. 

Which also is against the rules, btw. 

Good reminder about ID too.  We now have only our cell #s on our dog's tags, since we always have that phone on us, but we also had a set made up that says "I'm on vacation at Disney's Fort Wilderness" so that if they're found wandering, people won't think they trekked there from NH.