We just spent our first week at The Fort and had a great time. This board was a great source on info. Now looking at a summer trip to Cedar Point. Does any body have any comments or advice about the Camper Village or the park?

Thanks

It's a wonderful campground. Especially the newer section. If you need full hook up call right away those spots fill up fast. 

Just did it, drive through in the Lighthouse section.

Thanks

Great section! All paved sites with a view of the lake. I'm sure you know this already but they have some really nice packages for Camper Village guests. The pool area is also very nice and they have shuttles to the park. Best part of the shuttles is they have a phone at the shuttle stop and come when you call. It is also just a short walk through the parking lot to the back entrance to the park.

I've only stayed at the marina at Cedar Point and I remember the bathrooms being nice and well kept up (this was 10 years ago or so and hope things haven't changed that much in the time since then).  I have always heard good things about the campground and assume if they keep up the bathrooms at the marina nice, they would do so at the campground.  That would only be important if you need to use the restrooms there, I suppose but thought I would include that information anyway.

The bathrooms in the Lighthouse section are nice, I think they are at the pool and are a family style bathroom, not sure if they have a normal camground bath house set up on that side, in the Camper Village section they do. No ground fires but you can use a portable firepit, also NO bikes allowed to be rode in the campground. It is  a nice place, expensive but we feel worth staying there when visiting the park. You do get early entry( 1 hour) but only a few of the popular rides are open at that time.

You have to pay the parking fee when you 1st arrive but they deduct it from your campground fee,then if you leave the park your car pass gets you back in without paying again.

• 4 weeks later...

To follow up, we spent 4 days at the Camper Village, the light house section. Had a great time. The campground is much smaller than The Fort, and lacks the ambience, the light house section is fairly new so some of the trees, etc. aren't fully grown and of course the park isn't Disney, but would recommend it to anyone.

Keep in mind that they do not allow tent camping at either section of their campgrounds, I know we still have some true campers in our mist. There is a great section near the pool that we always try to get, it's a cul da sac so no vehicle traffic but you do have folks that try to cut thru your site to get to the pool, we usually fix that problem real fast. Another note they do not allow bikes there either.