Mackinaw Mill Creek, Mackinaw City MI

We go here every 4th of July.  www.campmackinaw.com

The view from our site, we stay on the beach side with the Island view.

4787437709_539ca1a640.jpg

3423789977_9a8d927ff4.jpg

3424584768_f87670313b.jpg

The sites are a decent size, but they do pack in the full hookups (water, sewer, electric).

There's bridge view for those in the full hookup sites.

3423790823_045d8c559e.jpg

Mackinac Bridge

3424599420_f7dd722b97.jpg

Mackinac Island

If you watch Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe changed a light bulb on the top of one the towers.  :banana:

The campground has cabins, outdoor heated pool, arcade, miniture golf, camp store, bike trails, and a bus to the Star Line ferry docks to the island.

Full hookup is 1-9.

map_campground_050409_800.jpg

I have stayed here too. And you are right they pack you in like sardines. We could see into the RV on one side and actually hold conversations from inside. On the other side we caught two little boys standing on there steps peeing on our trailer ??? They only did it once and I don't think they could sit down for the rest of their vacation :rofl2:

It's a very pretty area and I would stay again but I like a little more room for privacy :'(

Do the ferry companies send a shuttle to the campground for guests like they do the hotels?  We like to go to M.I. for 3 days or so but like to take the TT and combine it with a camping trip, but then I have to let a ferry company employee park the truck and trailer in the overnight parking and pay crazy $$$ to do it.  I considered renting a site at a campground so the TT could be hooked to electricity for the fridge, and then take a shuttle to the ferry dock to go to the island.  Any thoughts?