Fort Wilderness Transportation Questions?

I located the attached information on Disney's Website and I wanted to share it with anyone that might be visiting Fort Wilderness for the first time or for anyone else that might have a transportation question.  Thanks to 'MagicBus' I have included more accurate information that he has provided!  The updated information is notated by '*' and is listed in purple.  As always, we appreciate the accurate information and great insight that 'MagicBus' provides to us!

Transportation

Transportation to and from the Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resorts is complimentary for Resort hotel Guests.

While staying at Walt Disney World Resort hotels, there's no need to rent a car, or deal with the hassle of driving and parking. Save time and the hassle of driving and parking with complimentary transportation. Destinations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, including Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks, are accessible by bus and boats.

Complimentary transportation is available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening time up to 3 hours after Disney Theme Park closing time. Additionally, buses operate until '2:00 a.m.' from the Downtown Disney Area. Certain areas of Walt Disney World Resort are also connected by well-lit, paved, low-grade walking paths. (Buses run until 2:00 a.m. from DTD only from PI and not the MP.)

The published time for early morning buses is 7am, but they start running at about 6:30am.  Regular bus service from the resorts to the parks starts at about 7:30am even though the published time is one hour before park opening.

* Based on the information provided by Disney's site they seem to be sending guests to DTD in order to transfer to different locations.  Doing that in a lot of cases is the long way around.  If you have a ADR at AKL, why go to DTD and transfer?  Just go to MK and transfer there.  'MagicBus' does not recommend using DTD as a transfer location in the AM!

Transportation Between Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Take:

. Orlando International Airport Disney′s - Magical Express

. Magic Kingdom Theme Park - Boat or Bus

. Epcot Theme Park - Bus

. Disney′s Animal Kingdom Theme Park - Bus

. Disney′s Hollywood Studios Theme Park - Bus

. Downtown Disney Area - Bus

. Disney′s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park - Bus

. Disney′s Blizzard Beach Water Park - Bus

. Disney′s Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course - Bus

. Disney′s Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course -  Bus to Downtown Disney Area, tranfer to Walt Disney World Swan/Dolphin Bus, walk from Walt Disney World Swan Hotel

. ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Travel to Downtown Disney area or closest theme park - Transfer to an All-Star, Caribbean Beach or Pop Century Bus. From these Resorts, board the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex Bus.

. Other Walt Disney World Resort Hotels - Bus to Downtown Disney Area, transfer to Resort hotel bus 

Ok this may seem like a "blonde" question, but is there a bus that runs to Winter-Summerland after Blizzard Beach closes for the day?

doodlebug

I knew it was a blonde moment. :bday: With a little searching of other threads I found my answer. Thanks MagicBus, your info is awesome. I am going to print it out and take it with me in N ovember.

doodlebug