Aurora Inn - Cayuga Lake NY

I got a fantastic deal for Valentine's Day from a place called Living Social ~ two nights at the Aurora Inn, breakfast two mornings, a $50 certificate for dinner, a bottle of wine in the room along with 6 chocolate covered strawberries.  PLUS, the Inn had a cheese & crackers and wine reception on top of it all.  The whole thing was $230!

When we got to the Inn, we found out that we were staying at the E.B. Green house instead, because we were the only guests at the Inn - we were there the day after VD and things had slacened off a little.  We had a corner room with a canopy bed, a marble fireplace, a marble bathroom with a double shower, and a beautiful view of the lake.

EB Green House:

P1010817.jpg

The Front porch:

P1010818.jpg

This is the room:

IMG_1969-1.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1971-1.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

And we had turn down service too:

IMG_1989.jpg

We ate dinner at a little pub down the street and it was beautiful, but I didn't take any pictures.  Aurora NY is home to Wells College, which I never heard of before - a small liberal arts college which until a few years ago was a woman's college.  There were lots of kids at the bar.

The next morning we went to breakfast at the Aurora Inn and were the only ones there - we had a great breakfast and then took off for some wineries - we ended up in Ithaca and at Cornell University - I hadn't been there since 1966!  It is still a dump - albeit an expensive dump.  We went up the west side of the lake and stopped at a small park along the way to see some falls!

P1010822.jpg

P1010829.jpg

P1010831.jpg

We came back to the Inn and explored - here's a few pictures - we had full use of everything in the Inn:

P1010832.jpg

P1010808.jpg

P1010804.jpg

P1010788.jpg

P1010784.jpg

P1010782.jpg

That night we ate dinner ate the Aurora Inn again and it was AWESOME.  We had our own server and an executive chef - all to ourself!  The absolute BEST service I have ever had and one of the best meals ever.  I took pictures of the restaurant the next day - our table was right in fron of the fireplace.  We had a gourmet meal - scallop appetizers, lamb chops and some obscene deserts!  It was a unique experience.  The whole thing was a trifle expensive but worth it.  The dinner that is.  I obviously had to leave a great tip!  I did have a Sam Adams too.  The first picture is the table we ate dinner at.... the rest of the pics are from the Aurora Inn and the dining room....

P1010841.jpg

P1010843.jpg

P1010842.jpg

P1010846.jpg

P1010863.jpg

P1010851.jpg

P1010853.jpg

Then after breakfast we stopped at a place called McKenzie-Childs - a pottery place that is unbelieveable!  They mix colors like I've never seen before.  People come from all over to buy stuff here - cups cost $50 each so we didn't buy much.  They also had a farm house that they use as a display thatwe took a tour of.  Beautiful place......

P1010865.jpg

P1010879.jpg

P1010880.jpg

P1010877.jpg

P1010890.jpg

P1010889.jpg

Then we lefte but not without a stop at stall #2

P1010896.jpg

Guest starbuc71

ntsammy5, I have been there many times.  I am originally from Auburn, NY and have lived in FL for the past 22 years.  As much as I hated that place when I lived there (mostly due to the winters)  I can say now that I miss it very much.  Compared to the hustle and bustle down here, it's just a slower and more relaxing lifestyle.  I tell my wife all the time, if we could make the money up there we would probably be back.  Glad you had a good trip. I love playing golf at Aurora College in the summer