Lake Manatee State Park Manatee County FL

Our TT was in warranty limbo for over 3 months and we just got it back the weekend before Memorial day. We had some friends who had reservations for Lake Manatee so we decided to join them and we're lucky enough to get a site across from theirs.

a56891b527cf6ed0ae42bf925e0213cc.jpg

Lake Manatee State Park is a smaller park located on SR 64 east of I75 about 20 miles east of the beach and 17 from our house. The lake was formed when the upper part of the Manatee river was dammed in the 60s and I think I read is roughly 560 acres. It offers 60 campsites in 2 loops all in varying lengths and widths, each site has water, 30 amp electric (no sewer but there is a dump station), a fire pit and picnic table.

3878812800f9c8bed3ff1d5674e82e4c.jpg4a0a3e039d7a6de0263082c3eda9e4d4.jpg

There are some walking trails through the park, a picnic area with a playground, bathrooms (separate from the comfort stations for the campground). 66df340cc5acd1c1b9cf89e509dcf03b.jpg866a854abd858600d7e54dfae300a282.jpg7729ffd79dd56f0c61d5a352b6075055.jpg

The beach is very small but great for cooling off or a place for kids to play in the water as it was fairly shallow for a ways out.

6b69793d405180f9877a87098c3e6f86.jpg

There is also a boat ramp for day use on the lake, boat with motor 20 hp or less are allowed on the lake and they offer canoe and bike rentals at the rangers station. Fishing is allowed in the lake with a Florida fishing license.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Headed out Friday afternoon and had everything set up around 3pm. It was hot, our friends wouldn't be out for a couple of hours so I decided a refreshing shower, something to eat and a short nap was a good idea. We were in site 58 and our friends in 60, this worked out perfectly as there was a little path we could cut through and the had morning shade and we had afternoon. So the plan was made that breakfast would be served and cooked at their site and dinners at ours.

They arrived and I went over to help set up (read chat and supervise). After they got all set up we decided that a quick meal of hotdogs and burgers would be good and no one felt like doing more. It had threatened to rain but other than a little spit it had held off so far. After dinner we took the golfcart out explore and found that the first loop of campsites were completely empty and the loop looked closed. We checked out the boat ramp ,beach, and the closed loop before making our way back and deciding to call it an early night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk