Disney Gift Cards for Play,Dine,Shop/Disney Gift Card for Store use only!

Just thought I would post this for someone who doesn't know (like me) that there is a Disney Gift card to buy for use in the store only!

I was a little concerned when I read a Post by someone (don't know where or who  now)that some of the Disney Cards could only be used at the Disney Store only. I did not realize this.

What I learned:

Can't decide what to give? Give the gift of Disney Magic with a Disney Gift Card. It can be used at Disney Stores across the U.S., online at DisneyStore.com, as well as select locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort and Disney Cruise Line®. And you can personalize the Gift Card with your favorite photograph. For instant delivery to any valid email address, choose our DisneyStore.com Online Gift Card. Online Gift Cards may only be used at DisneyStore.com.

http://www.disneystore.com/gift-cards/mn/1001265/?CMP=KNC-DSPGiftscardBrandedMSN&s_kwcid=TC-24874-11609408435-be-1430110045&LSID=6146859%7C10676026%7C3iywey9yb81x

I did not purchase my Disney Cards online but they have been bought at Walgreens & Disney Store(not online) They all say same thing on the back of the card,  can use at Walt Disney Resorts, Disneyland resorts, Cruise, Disney Store, DisneyStore.com.  Some  do say on the top(the top that you tear off from the card) you can play, dine, shop! But they still read the same on the back!

There have always been two kinds but unless you're buying them online or at a disney store, normally what you see are the GCs you can use anywhere. It'd be awful to drop $1000 though only to discover they won't work at wdw or dcl. Even WOD in DTD won't accept the Disney Store only gift cards b/c they're not a DS even though they look like one.

Typically there are great gift card deals at grocery stores during June. The past few years we've gotten 20% off the week before father's day at Giant Food. Last year the catalina coupons printed for Shell gas cards too the first week of the promotion but not the second week. You can get 5% off disney cards everyday using a target red card and another 5% if you stack it with one of their pharmacy rewards 5% coupons but Giant, SaveMore, HEB, and a few others are much better deals when they do the twice a year catalina promo.

If you're planning to buy gift cards, June is a terrific time to do it.

Here's a thread from last year with more details... http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/6659-dont-miss-this-could-save-big-this-week-using-gift-cards-for-gas-wdw/?hl=%2Bgiant+%2Bgift+%2Bcards

My daughter and son-in-law buy the Disney gift cards at a grocery where total $$ spent build up points and get you discounts at their gas station. They then use the cards to pay for their trip. They learned that if they were then to cancel the trip, Disney would refund the $$ back to each of the individual cards.