Our tent died on our last camping trip and with the warm weather approaching, I've got it narrowed down to 2 tents...the Coleman Signature instant tent 14'x10' 8 person and the Eureka Copper Canyon 1512 12 person.

So I'm wondering if anyone on here has any experience with either of these two?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Misty

Same answer I left somwhere else.  ;)

Haven't owned either, but here is my impression of each one while searching for a new tent myself.

I like the Coleman Instant Tent, but I don't like that there is no ventilation/rain fly. Coleman keeps saying it doesn't need a rain fly, because the seams are sealed, but I personally want the rainfly so there is ventilation when it is raining. Also, because of the lack of rainfly, when it rains, I think it would drip right down the sides, meaning all windows need to be shut and if you are inside humidity builds up and it will be very uncomfortable on a warmer day/night. I passed on this tent while shopping because of this reason. Otherwise, the size and ease of set up is great.

The Eureka Copper Canyon is a great tent and a great brand, and the only flaw I found in it is the floor is thin and not made from polyethylene. It is the same as the walls, and is thin. I would definitely use a ground cloth and something inside to help protect the floor from any sharp objects.

If I had to choose, I would choose the Eureka if price wasn't an option.

I was looking and decided to go with a Mt Greylock made by Gigatent, http://www.gigatent.com. It has everything I was looking for and not as pricey as Eureka.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Norm

I have the Coleman Signature instant tent 14'x10' and have had no problems with it.

000_0563.jpg

there are a few things i would like to do different on it. i like the other one has the awning over the door, that i dont have. But I also liked mine has all metal poles.

And I found this tent and really like it. And it received good reviews.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wenzel-Klondike-16-x-11-Tent-Taupe-and-Light-Grey/13228635

Any question you have about the coleman just ask!

We have had both, the coleman does the job (it met its maker after a trip to the Fort) but after a few uses it needs resealing of the seams. Now the Copper Canyon is a great tent we bought and have had to do NOTHING to it. Its made a little better ( and massive)and carries a lifetime warrenty. How do we post pictures on the new site I can post pictures if someone gives me a step by step

itch