ON LINE CHECK-IN

Looking for expert advice.

Went to the Fort this past weekend.  It was rainy but still a blast. 0% chance of rain while my tarp was getting ripped down. 

I made my 2 day reservations last Wednesday, and of course got billed for my 1 night deposit.

It was Thursday afternoon after reading the hints for getting the loop you wanted that I faxed in a request and went and did an on line check in.  We did get the 1500 loop like we asked!  Thanks for all the hints!

But, when we arrived at the Fort to check in, they didn't ask for my credit card to pay for the second night or for incidentals.  When I asked, they told me when I did the on line check in, it paid the rest of my balance.

Is this normal?  Luckily I had the funds, and it was only an extra day.  But I know some people will want to pay the balance with cash, or a different card when they arrive and also not tie up their funds in advance. 

Is there a way around paying when you do an on line check-in?  Maybe I missed an option, I've never done it that way before.

Don't enter a credit card number when you do online check in. Unless they changed it, you do not have to enter one to complete online check in. But if you do enter one, it is used to pay your balance, and for charging privileges if you select that. You can also skip online check in for the fort. I have found it does nothing to speed up your check in process. And I have checked in about 16 times over the last 12 months. Never did online check in.

You are also not charged your balance until the end of your stay, so if you want to change the method of payment, you can do that at anytime during your stay. Want to pay with cash? Go to the front desk and do that.

Don't enter a credit card number when you do online check in. Unless they changed it, you do not have to enter one to complete online check in. But if you do enter one, it is used to pay your balance, and for charging privileges if you select that. You can also skip online check in for the fort. I have found it does nothing to speed up your check in process. And I have checked in about 16 times over the last 12 months. Never did online check in.

You are also not charged your balance until the end of your stay, so if you want to change the method of payment, you can do that at anytime during your stay. Want to pay with cash? Go to the front desk and do that.

Thanks for the info.  I'll have to look closer next time.  Only reason I did the online, is that I saw the loop preference form and I wanted to fill that out.  It probably saved me about 1 or 2 minutes at check in, not having to hand over my card.  The biggest time saver was the CM asked if we wanted the usual speil about transportation, amenities, etc., since we've been there numerous times.  We declined.  She was very helpful, told us the Fort was at 30% capacity when we checked in.  Guess they need to add some more partial sites since they are so hard to get, or better yet, if they are that slow, upgrade partial requests to full sites without charging the full price.