I have blown several tires on the way to Walley World and once ripped up my wheel well...Another time my wife thought it would be "safer" to stay the travel night at a hotel instead of rest area or Wal Mart lot....That was until 1am when when I pulled in and cut the turn too sharp taking out the Quality Inn sign and a portion of my camper at the same time...The noise at 1am was nasty but no one came out too look...At first we thought maybe we'll sneak out in the AM...But of course that's not the right thing and wanting to set a good example for the kids I went in at checkout and confessed that we were the ones who destroyed their sign...The day manager looked at us and said "I didn't even notice it when I came in this morning"....Big insurance payment but a life lesson for the kids.......No more hotels anymore!!

Sorry to hear about the damage.  Shame the fort did not have your site ready at 1 as they promise.  Hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly.  Congrats on the spike.  

I think part of the overflow lot problem is more people are having to leave trailers there that used to stay at there site.  They should have CMs in the parking lot on holiday weekends.  They should also designate an area for small trailers so there won't be so many pull through spots blocked by a small trailer on one side.