Best time to book a resort for the best deal?

I'm planning a surprise trip for my son's 13th birthday in Nov. 2016.  For this trip, we will fly down and stay at a resort.  I'm pretty savvy about ressies for the campground, dining, and FP+, but not about resorts.  When's the best time to reserve our room to get the best deal? TIA

I'm planning a surprise trip for my son's 13th birthday in Nov. 2016.  For this trip, we will fly down and stay at a resort.  I'm pretty savvy about ressies for the campground, dining, and FP+, but not about resorts.  When's the best time to reserve our room to get the best deal? TIA

Usually if any deals come out for that time frame they tend to be released around now. So next year this time if Disney offers any deals would be when to start thinking about it. You can book earlier and work to get a deal applied to the reservation but Disney offers the deals based upon a need to fill the rooms. If they are all booked they wont offer as much or many option in the way of deals. 

If you want any assistance with planning for this feel free to message me.