Hello :10220:

This may or may not be a dumb question, just want to make sure I don't screw up our reservation...

My husband and I are flying in and staying in a tent site in November for our 15th Anniversary.  I have reservations for three nights, a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday night.  We've had a change of plans and I need to take it down to just the Wednesday and Thursday night and drop the Friday. 

So my question is - do I NOT do online check-in and just tell them when I am checking in that I need to drop the last night?  I am scared to call and try to change the reservation for fear my reservation will get messed up...like they would have to cancel it and rebook or something? 

Along the same lines, I have a reservation for a golf cart those three days through Disney...does anyone know, can I just reduce the reservation by one night when I get there?  Or should I do that now?

TIA!

Can't wait for one day at F&W and no kids!!!! :oregonian_winesmiley:  :fiesta-smiley:  :wine:  :camp1:

(Thank goodness for Grandparents!)

I had to drop a couple of nights off of my reservation when I was at the Fort this past July 4.

That was right when all the funny stuff started happening with minimum stays and reservations being cancelled when they were modified.  So, like you, I didn't want to risk cancelling before I got there.  I did not do on-line check in, as they will charge your card for the entire reservation on the day of your arrival, whether you arrive or not.

So, I just pulled up to the check-in window, and when the CM was confirming the reservation, I told her that I had some things come up that necessitated a change in plans, and I would only be able to stay for four nights instead of six.  No problem.  I paid for only the three nights I was going to stay, and didn't have to ask for a refund or anything.

I don't think you would have a problem returning the golf cart early, but you could probably call now and adjust those dates, as they are not tied to your check-in or check-out dates.

BTW- The Fort's policy is that they will refund your unused nights if you have to leave early after checking in for any reason.   That's very generous no their part.  And, since that is their policy, they don't penalize you for dropping nights at check-in.

Have a great trip.

TCD