Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort - Quarryville/Lancaster PA ...

We found the CG & staff to be very friendly. An unplanned week here when I couldn't bear another hour on the highway towing our old 40' behemoth on the way to WI, is what turned DH into a true camper. Until then, he swore he'd done all the camping he needed to between the military & scouts.

It's in Pa Dutch country near Dutch Wonderland. About a 15 min drive into Strausburg - the trains & outlets, sight & sound theater, Intercourse and the amish homestead, and maybe another ten mins or so beyond that into Lancaster. Also within an easy drive of Hershey for day-trips.

http://www.jellystonepa.com/

They're very popular in our area and, as a result, tend to be at, or near, capacity most summer weekends. There is a wait list but we found that you're more likely to get a site if you call back frequently instead of just waiting for them to call you as the phones seem to ring there constantly during the summer months. It's also easier to get a site on a weekday and extend your stay than it is sometimes to call and find a weekend site.

I'm told they have the largest waterpark area of any of the jellystone's currently in the US. I spent a bit of time talking to the man who designed the water area and was fascinated as he told me of their trip across the nation to check out other Yogi waterparks before building this one.  Since we were supposed to be in the WI dells Yogi that week, it was especially nice to hear about the one that got away. There's paintball and golf cart rentals - though the CG is small enough that you probably wouldn't get full use out of a cart. Personal carts are not allowed unless you're handicapped.

Tent sites under trees behind pavillion. There's a lake for fishing somewhere behind those trees, I'm told...

yogi11.jpg

What defines your campsite?? "Red Carpet" rv sites are defined by fence on both sides. These are not pull thru... those looked smaller to me and were in front of the red carpet sites...

yogi15-1.jpg

P1010142-1.jpg

P1010219.jpg

Cabins are spread throughout the CG...

yogi8.jpg

yogi9.jpg

You've got me there. The only time I ventured into the bath-house at all was to take these pictures. We shower in our TT so we don't use the showers at any CGs unless we're tent camping.

I knew my report wouldn't be complete without shower pics though, so went in to investigate in the evening while it was empty and nobody would think I was a nutcase - or worse yet, a pervert - for taking pictures of the bathrooms. I've seen worse, but I've also seen better...

This campground is only about an hour from home and we used it often, but when they put in the waterpark and our kids are to old for that now we do not feel the cost is worth it for us , now if we still had little ones I am sure it would be woth it. It is a very nice and well kept park and gets mixed reviews on RV Park reviews.

WOW! :argh:

Those price?s are insane. We thought about going there last year, but to have to pay and extra  $30 a night because we are a family of 6 is crazy.

(Campsite Rates are based on two adults and two children ages 4 to 18 (non-driving).)

It looks like a lot of fun, but one of the reasons we camp is so we spend less on lodging, and more on doing other things.

WOW! :tool:

Those price?s are insane.

I wanted to stay at a Jellystone at Hagerstown last year.  Very similar set up as this one.  The prices were outrageous.  Thought I'd read them wrong online, so I called.  When the woman confirmed I basically said 'wow, you're more than Disney'  She told me to go stay at Disney then.  So I did.    :rofl2:

WOW! 8)

Those price?s are insane.

I wanted to stay at a Jellystone at Hagerstown last year.  Very similar set up as this one.  The prices were outrageous.  Thought I'd read them wrong online, so I called.  When the woman confirmed I basically said 'wow, you're more than Disney'  She told me to go stay at Disney then.  So I did.    :rofl2:

From what I've seen almost all of the Jellystones are more than the fort. I've only priced ones in MD, VA, PA, DE and WI but those sure weren't a deal. The only advantage is that they may be slightly closer to wherever you are so might save a little on gas plus you're not as likely to feel the need to plunk down more $$ for park passes & more likely to eat in the camper instead of dining out. Also, unlike the fort, the longer you stay the cheaper it gets... although from what we saw when we were there, most people only stayed 3-4 days.

What's really sad are the cabin prices and there's usually a minumum stay on cabins too... ewww... No doubt about it, I could definietly rent a wilderness cabin for that chunk of change.

All that aside, we're paying around $50 a night for full hookup in Gettysburg for the Easter GG. The sites there are all very close, I didn't see much, if any, grass and activities/amenities seemed pretty limited. The davantage of that is that there'll be fiends there - and plenty of others to help cross over to the dark... err, make that purple... side. I usually don't mind dropping $65-$85 per night  for a few days someplace close to home as long as there's enough to keep us busy. Since we needed a site for our old 40footer last year, most of the state parks couldn't fit us, and most types of accommodations anywhere else in the mid-east tend to be a bit pricey IMO. Sadly, the only time camping was budget travel for us was when we tent camped...