• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finishing up Christmas Eve.......

We went to the campfire sing a long

DSCN0038.jpg

marshmellows of course

090.jpg

087-1.jpg

Took in more decorations including Daves castle which blew us away. (wish i had a good pic but im not a photographer, my pic is black..lol)

077-1.jpg

063.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

Then we headed to the camper to make preacher cookies for santa, we even had to spread some oats out for the reindeer. (8 individual piles per my 5 year olds request)

093-1.jpg

YAY! Christmas Day with Fiends.  We started the morning off with no water due to the water main busting in the 300 loop.  Luckily i had finished my cooking before we lost water.  We had a lovely lunch with Frank, Denise ,Dave & their girls.  Daves girls and mine had the best time doing the scavenger hunt at the fort.  They would've finished much quicker had they come to the experts. ;D

098.jpg

098.jpg

There was also some puppy love on Christmas.

096.jpg

2 cups sugar, 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 tsp. vanilla & 3 cups oats (minute not old fashioned)

mix sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.  Bring to a boil and cook 2 mins. stir constantly.  remove from heat add peanut butter & vanilla.  stir until pb is melted then add oats.  drop by teaspoons on wax paper and cool. 

i sometimes cut the oats back if i need to, no need for dry cookies.  occasionally i make them with whipping cream instead of milk. extra creamy.

2 cups sugar, 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 tsp. vanilla & 3 cups oats (minute not old fashioned)

mix sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.  Bring to a boil and cook 2 mins. stir constantly.  remove from heat add peanut butter & vanilla.  stir until pb is melted then add oats.  drop by teaspoons on wax paper and cool. 

i sometimes cut the oats back if i need to, no need for dry cookies.  occasionally i make them with whipping cream instead of milk. extra creamy.

Mmmmmm!!!  Nummy!!! Thanks!

Mmmmmm!!!  Nummy!!! Thanks!

I second that Nummy! I really like the whipping cream part.

Finally time for the parks.  It was cold, soooooo cold!  You want to see just how cold?  Have you ever seen the MK so empty?  This picture was taken about 30/45 mins. after rope drop.  It worked out for us since we don't mind the cold, we weren't complaining about hoping on and off rides.

104.jpg

This is our favorite sign from it's a small world. I don't know why but each day we leave a park we feel the need to yell MY ASS A LAMA!  Don't know why but it makes us chuckle.

110.jpg

118.jpg

108.jpg

I just love the castle at Chirstmas!

129.jpg

that's my No-Bake Cookie recipe.

My favorite in all the world. :)

Epcot - This was probably the most crowded park we saw all week.  Our older girls spent the entire day doing the Kim Possible Missions around the world.  I spent the day drinking Hot Chocolate to try and stay warm.....another cold day in florida.

134.jpg

After we finished epcot we hopped a monarail over to the grand floridian for a peek of the gingerbread house.  Laura of course had to purchase a solid chocolate mickey head.

136.jpg

140.jpg

The next morning we spent the day just hanging around the fort, our favorite thing to do.  After that it was off to the Yachtsmens Steakhouse for DD15's birthday dinner.  A bit to fancy and overpriced for us but we had the absolute best waiter (oscar) ever.  He made our dinner worth every penny.

144.jpg

147.jpg

143.jpg

DSCN0073.jpg

152.jpg

Laura enjoyed painting her dessert, I had the mango cheesecake it was good but $10 for a tablespoon size bite was a bit much.  As my granny would say "that was just enough to make me mad"...lol.  I wanted more it was good.