I'm noticing a few questions keep popping up, so here's a stab at a FAQ list for you guys.

1. Why do I have to enter the letters into the little box to post? How do I turn that off?

It's designed to keep the spammers away. You'll have to enter the squiggly letters the first five times you post. After that, you'll never see them again. Just bear down and power through it. ;)

2. Hey this dark theme is hard to read- can I change it to something else?

Sure. You can click on these here words to take you to a page that lets you do just that.

UPDATE! I changed the default theme to something a little closer to the colors we're thinking of using for the site, and also made it black text on white background. Give it a try if you changed themes before, you can use that same link. The new default theme is named Splot.

3. What's this "Respect" counter under my post count?

It's a feature of the new boards. Above each post, over on the right by the "Quote" button, there's a number and a pair of arrows. Click on the up arrow to indicate that you like that post, click on the down arrow to indicate that you don't. If enough people agree with your downvote, the post is automatically hidden from view- as if you'd had the poster on the ignore list on the "old" board. The "respect" score below your avatar is the total of the upvotes and downvotes you've received. It's meant to be something a bit better than post count to measure community participation.

• 4 weeks later...