From the Disney Food blog.

Why do I feel the need to create a punch card, grab a salt shaker and embark on a mission? ;)

Disney World Margarita Gallery

Jun 21st, 2011

by AJ. This post was originally going to be a throwdown, but I had so many margaritas I wanted to share with you that it ended up being a curated gallery for heaven’s sake! Also, I hope you guys are willing to share with me in the comments section your favorite margaritas (and maybe even your pictures of them to add to the gallery!).

Take a look through the reviews below and let me know what I’m missing! Let’s work together to make this comprehensive! icon_smile.gif

Paradiso 37: Twisted Margarita and Regular Margarita

Paradiso 37 in Downtown Disney offers this fabulous concoction that’s half frozen sangria and half frozen margarita. Yes please! They call it the Twisted Margarita…

Twister-Margarita-389x550.jpg

Twisted Margarita -- half sangria half margarita Their classic margarita is fantastic — and just about the farthest thing from watered down you can get. Boasted as their famous Souza margarita, the Paradiso 37 lived up to its accolades!

MNSSHP-Tonys-Paradiso37-marrakesh-ContempSeminar-320.JPG

Paradiso 37 Margarita

High Octane Refreshments: Stoplight Margarita

Over in Disney’s Hollywood Studios, this little outdoor bar has quite a few offerings. Now I expected this Stoplight margarita to be the same high-alcohol, low-flavor type that we see at the Epcot Margarita kiosk (see below). But boy was I wrong!! After years of fiesta margaritas in Epcot, this was a breath of fresh air!

Mixer-mass-produced, yes — flavorless, no! I loved the mix of melon, strawberry, and lime flavors in this frozen drink. Kudos, High Octane Refreshments!

Stop-Light-Margarita-437x550.jpg

Stoplight Margarita

La Hacienda de San Angel: Orange Mango Fire Margarita

Margaritas are a specialty at La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot, and you can’t go wrong with the classic margarita here.

But for something different, try the Orange Mango Fire. You’ll get your sweet-sour craving fix with the mixture of orange, mango, ginger, and lime flavors. It finishes with a kick courtesy of the tabasco sauce and “Tagin Chilli Powder” rim. Sweet, sour and spicy!

orange-mango-fire.jpg

Orange Mango Fire Margarita

La Cava del Tequila: Avocado Margarita, Passion Fruit Margarita, Magic Blue Margarita, Cucumber Margarita, Jalepeno Margarita

This concoction once known as the aguacate is found at La Cava del Tequila inside the Mexico Pavilion of Epcot.

The expert mixologists at this cozy bar create this margarita with a blend of El Mayor Blanco Tequila, Midori melon liquor, freshly peeled avocado mixed with fresh lime juice and agave nectar syrup. It is then served frozen with a hibiscus Himalayan salt rim. (My salt was wiped off, but you can still see a bit in the glass.)

For a blender mix, it was very smooth. Some small avocado pieces gave the beverage texture that was unexpected. Sour drink fans (like myself!) will enjoy the tartness. This is a refreshing winner and a fave of mine! (I can’t help but order it when I go to La Cava.) Here’s a recipe to try at home.

Avocado-Margarita-500x465.jpg

Avocado Margarita La Cava mixes up this fruity blue ‘rita with the right amount of tang and not too much sweetness. I hate that I like the one with the light up ice cube in it. But I do.

Magical-Blue-margarita-300x449.jpg

Magic Blue margarita If you skipped your last serving of veggies, you need to order either the Jalepeno or the Cucumber margaritas! While these both have very interesting flavors (and dedicated fans), I can’t shake the whole “this tastes like vegetables” thing. I hope that some of you leave comments refuting that statement! I wanna hear from those of you who love these!

Jalepeno-Margarita-500x543.jpg

Jalepeno Margarita

cucumber-margarita-500x629.jpg

cucumber margarita The Wild Passion Fruit margarita has much more going for it in my opinion. A smart tang along with fruit sweetness. But it has foam, which I just don’t understand.

Passion-Fruit-Margarita-374x550.jpg

Passion Fruit Margarita

Epcot Margarita Stand: Strawberry or Midnight Blue Margarita

This frozen drink can be sipped on while touring World Showcase. It’s conveniently located at the outdoor Margarita kiosk in Epcot; you can see my review here. In this case, convenience and high alcohol content are more appreciated than taste. Much more appreciated.

1-17-047-300x449.jpg

Strawberry Margarita with Salt

1-17-048-300x449.jpg

Midnight Blue Margarita -- no salt by choice

Dawa Bar: African Margarita

Discover this drink at the Dawa Bar in the Animal Kingdom’s Harambe village. With liquor from Africa, it’s exotic with a hint of tangerine. You guys know my policy on this place — any journey to Africa should include a stop at the Dawa!

ExEv-yachtsman-akpicnic-048.JPG

African Margarita

San Angel Inn: Blood Orange Margarita

This margarita served at San Angel Inn in Epcot’s Mexico is crafted by hand with a sweet-tart mix of blood orange juice and hibiscus syrup.

El Mayor premium white Tequila and orange liquor is topped with blood orange foam. Oh yeah, and the foam? Completely unnecessary. Compared to the similar margarita that I enjoyed at the Flying Fish Cafe this margarita didn’t take the highest marks, but it packed a tasty punch!

blood-orange-margarita-499x575.jpg

Blood Orange Margarita -- no salt by request

Standard Bar and Lounge Menu: Wild Berry Margarita

The Wave mixed up this margarita, which I highly recommend. This is one of the first drinks I ordered from the new standard Bar and Lounge Menu at Disney Parks and Resorts.

Wildberry-Margarita.jpg

Wildberry Margarita From the WDW Lounge Standard Menu

Beech: Signature Margarita

Over at Hilton Bonnet Creek’s Beech Pool Bar you can truly indulge in a margarita the size of your head.

The Signature Margarita here includes Partida Blanco Tequila, Hibiscus Syrup, Triple Sec, and Grand Marnier. It’s finished with some citrus and poured into a massive, use-two-hands-to-sip glass! Definitely the way to while away an afternoon by the pool, hmm? Plus — you’ve got all the flavor you’re looking for. (BTW, the name of this drink was recently changed; it was invented by Greg the bartender, so if you order a G-Rita they’ll know what you’re talking about.)

Signature-Margarita-367x550.jpg

Signature Margarita

Sanaa: Mango Margarita

Ahh…sweet Sanaa! We love this little hideaway over in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge! On my last visit, I found this frozen Mango margarita on the cocktail list and knew I had to have it.

Startling sweet with just the slightest bit of tang, it’s definitely a winner! Sip this one — it’s extremely smooth. Indulge and enjoy.

Mango-Margarita-462x550.jpg

Mango Margarita

Via Napoli: Italian Margarita

When Via Napoli opened in Epcot, I was thrilled to find this Italian margarita! It’s tart. It’s sweet. It’s seriously one of my faves at WDW! The mixologists have combined frozen limoncello and grappa for an absolutely divine drink! I wonder if I can get one to go…

Via-Napoli-italian-margarita-500x676.jpg

Italian Margarita

Flying Fish: Blood Orange Margarita

Flying Fish is one of my favorite Disney World restaurants, so I was excited on my last visit to see a Blood Orange margarita! It didn’t disappoint, though I do wish it had been frozen. Would have been wonderful frozen. BUT, I digress — definitely one to try if you’re a fan of ‘ritas. Mine was gone in minutes.

Blood-Orange-Margarita-at-Flying-Fish-481x550.jpg

Blood Orange Margarita

Multiple Locations: Margarita Flight

Finally, if you just can’t make up your mind, head over to one of Disney World’s Mexican restaurants (they’re all run by the same company) and order a Margarita Flight! I’ve mentioned it a couple of times already here on DFB, but it’s really a great option if you’d like to try multiple different flavors.

Margarita-Flight-500x208.jpg

Margarita Flight As daily readers know, my favorites here are the Lime, Mango Blueberry, and Pineapple. Not so much with the veggies and the flowers. icon_wink.gif

Margarita-Flight-500x333.jpg

Margarita Flight You can get these at most of Disney’s Mexican food locations, including Maya Grill and Rix Lounge at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort and La Hacienda de San Angel in Epcot’s World Showcase.

If you’re very, very lucky, you can also get one in my favorite place in all of Disney World — La Cava del Tequila. They are only served on certain days here.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011/06/21/disney-world-margarita-gallery/