Whats the best shoes to wear, bag to carry, etc....  Let's put our best survival tips here for those who may be planning their first trip to the world.

One of my favorites.....Using drink lids to slide on the popcicle sticks to catch all the drips.  We eat alot of Mickey Ears and this tip saves lots of stains on my little one shirts.

Good shoes with even better socks...

I've found that good socks are as important as good shoes.  I've heard people rave about Crocs, Tevas, etc, but at the end of the day, I want my feet to be happy campers.  Shoes with thin socks or no socks at all (even the best shoes) leave me with blisters on the bottoms of several of my toes.  I swear by "World's Softest Socks" with Clark's, Merrill's or "tennis shoes".    These socks are made by a family-owned company:

"Crescent, Inc. was founded in Niota, Tennessee in 1902. Today, this fourth-generation family business is the oldest continuously operating hosiery mill in the U.S.A., making over 25 million pairs of socks each year for some of the biggest names in clothing. Crescent began making its own line, World's Softest Sock? in 1991."

http://www.worldssoftest.com/home.php

These socks are a soft terry-like material on the inside.  I've worn them my last two WDW trips and at the end of the day my feet were happy.  :dance:

In cooler weather, definately good comfortable and broken in tennis shoes with good socks. However; in warm weather we always wear good - high quality hiking type sandles. They are comfortable to us because we are used to wearing them (no blisters) and with the tropical weather in Florida and those afternoon thunderstorms, we don't have to worry about walking around with wet shoes on.

Also, if rain is anticpated, I carry 1 or 2 of those small umrbrellas clipped to my belt with a D ring so I don't have to carry them and I don't have any problem riding the rides with them fastened that way.

Good shoes and NOT new shoes.  They need to be good and broken in.

Resort Mugs.  We fill up our mugs before heading out and drink most of them waiting on rope drop.  When it's time for the first ride we dump the remainder into a sink/fountain and stick them in an old backpack.  When we eat we pour the left over drink into our resort mugs to drink while meandering to the next attraction or shopping.  I have heard (not sure if this is true) that you can ask for ice to put in the resort mugs....

I went out and found the smallest, lightest purse that would fit all my necessities.  And I mean only the necessities.  I then found the smallest wallet I could find (large enough to carry dl, room key, credit cards.).  After about 2 hours a heavy purse would, for me, be a burden.

We take a back pack to haul the resort mugs, the camera, and any other misc items.

Im another one that says good pair of shoes worked in. Sling bag backpacks for kids and myself that way when we are on a ride they can just slide it around front and not forget anything oh and they meaning kids can carry there own stuff like water shacks camera. We also carry a change of shorts and underware for the water rides in the cooler weather.

if you want to have your child "pin" trade with other cm's, get on ebay and buy a "lot of 20+" pins for super cheap....That way it doesn't break the bank, and the kiddos have fun trading with the cm's without the cost of you buying each pin!

Bring straws with you to Animal Kingdom, because they do NOT provide any straws because of the safety of the animals.

give me a few and I'm sure I'll be back to post more :rofl2:

I so agree with the shoe and sock comment, however my 2nd most precious item is a aluminum water bottle, there are several places to fill it up through out the parks.  We drink alot and those little drink mix packets for the kids saved me tons of money :))

The aluminum drink bottles work well. But you can get a 20 oz. coke off site and refill them through out WDW. They are cheap and if you do happen to loose one your not out anything. We been doing this for many years now.  :(

I wear Nike sneakers.  A friend of mine can walk the parks in flip flops, but not my feet.  I walked the Komen 3 Day last August and there were younger (20ish) "kids" walking in their flip flops.  I love my flip flops, but I love my feet more. LOL

I love the drink lid idea, I'm going to use that!

Since we have a stroller, I just take a couple diapers and wipes and throw them in the bottom, we usually don't even bring a bag.  If we do, it's a Skip Hop side saddle bag.

I so agree with the shoe and sock comment, however my 2nd most precious item is a aluminum water bottle, there are several places to fill it up through out the parks.  We drink alot and those little drink mix packets for the kids saved me tons of money :))

The aluminum drink bottles work well. But you can get a 20 oz. coke off site and refill them through out WDW. They are cheap and if you do happen to loose one your not out anything. We been doing this for many years now.  :(

are you filling them with water or soda?  I have a diet pepsi addiction so that would please me very much to know I could refill a bottle at disney..  :)) 

I so agree with the shoe and sock comment, however my 2nd most precious item is a aluminum water bottle, there are several places to fill it up through out the parks.  We drink alot and those little drink mix packets for the kids saved me tons of money :)

The aluminum drink bottles work well. But you can get a 20 oz. coke off site and refill them through out WDW. They are cheap and if you do happen to loose one your not out anything. We been doing this for many years now.  :))

are you filling them with water or soda?  I have a diet pepsi addiction so that would please me very much to know I could refill a bottle at disney..  :argh:

Just water. That would be grand to refill with soda everywhere!