From the Disney Food blog. Anyone ever been?

Review: Crew’s Cup Lounge in Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

Jul 10th, 2011 by AJ. Another spot that I consider to be a hidden gem in Disney World is this little wooden bar and lounge that offers a relaxed atmosphere, some decent food and drink, and great service. Crew’s Cup Lounge is located next to Yachtsman Steakhouse in Disney’s Yacht Club Resort — within walking distance of Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

Crews-Cup-Sign-500x375.jpg

Crews Cup is located next to Yachtsman Steakhouse in the Yacht Club Resort The tiny little lounge packs a big punch when it comes to accessibility, consistency, and relaxation.

Atmosphere

Paneled from floor to ceiling with wood and sporting some very cool light-up rowers “stenciled” across the walls in brass, Crew’s Cup’s atmosphere is clear, but not overwhelming. Complimenting the craftsman-like decor of the Yachtsman Steakhouse next door, this location is cozy and comfortable.

Crews-Cup-500x425.jpg

Crew's Cup Booths to the Left and Tables to the Right

Crews-Cup-Seating-500x333.jpg

Crews Cup Seating Crew’s Cup is rarely busy and always offers guests a great spot to kick back, have a drink or a light meal, watch the game, or just visit with friends. In fact, when I’m spending a lot of time in Epcot, I’ve found myself relying more and more on the Crew’s Cup Lounge for a quick lunch, a place to meet up with friends or family, or even a spot to rest and rejuvenate before heading back into the park.

Great service and a comfortable atmosphere mean that Crew’s Cup is a very easy place to relax. The lack of crowds and decent menu make this the perfect place to rest and re-group.

Crews-Cup-Bar-500x333.jpg

Crews Cup Bar If you’re there in the evening, you’ll be able to watch through the special window to watch Yachtsman Steakhouse cast members prepare the restaurant’s steaks for cooking!

Eats

While the main lounge drink menu is the same one that’s found in most Disney World restaurants and lounges (see the Disney World drink menu here), there are a few added items and a specialty drink every day.

Crews-Cup-Drink-Menu-500x333.jpg

Crews Cup Drink Menu Cover The food menu is somewhat surprising, including several full meals as well as some fun appetizers. You can order crab cakes, pan-seared chicken breast, cheeseburgers, salads, steak, and more.

Crews-Cup-Menu-500x299.jpg

Crews Cup Menu On our visit, we chose to share the Crew’s Cup Spinach-Cheese Dip for Two ($9.99) with tomatoes, bacon, and chopped onions; the Buffalo Chicken Nuggets (yay!!) ($7.40); and the Angus Chuck Cheeseburger ($11.40), which is served with either Vegetable Orzo Salad or French Fries.

I’d like to point out that all of these items are large enough to serve as a meal, and each one costs less than many counter-service meals, even though you have a table-service experience at Crew’s Cup.

We started with the Spinach and Cheese dip, which we enjoyed. I liked the addition of the bacon and cheese on top, though I could have done without the raw onions (cooked onions in the dip would have been amazing!). This dip was not too bitter (occasionally I find spinach dip to be bitter due to the cooked spinach), and had a high cheese to spinach ratio — the true determining factor in a good spinach dip…at least for me!

Crews-Cup-Dip-500x333.jpg

Crews Cup Dip We also ordered the cheeseburger, which, again we enjoyed. This was a cross between a Beaches and Cream burger and a heartier version, but the presentation was great and the burger was cooked to order (properly). I liked the addition of fries in a ceramic cup!

Crews-Cup-Burger-500x333.jpg

Crews Cup Burger The boneless Buffalo Chicken was a true winner for me, though. You guys know how much I love Buffalo wings, and the boneless version is a guilty pleasure of mine (the breading makes it easier for the wing to hold more sauce!).

These were a tasty treat that really hit the spot when I hadn’t yet found too many other places on property that served Buffalo wings (so far House of Blues and ESPN Club are my favorites, outside of the Crew’s Cup).

The portion size was perfect for a quick meal or a light lunch. I would have added fries if this had been my only order at the time. And the taste was perfect; spicy, but not overwhelmingly so.

Crews-Cup-Buffalo-Chicken-420x550.jpg

Crews Cup Buffalo Chicken

Overall

Crew’s Cup is reliable. It’s small, relatively hidden away, and usually very quiet during the day. If you show up for an early or late lunch, you’re likely to be one of the only patrons in the place.

And while I’ve never been here at a time when I couldn’t find a table, it sometimes gets crowded during prime dinner hours as guests waiting for their Yachtsman Steakhouse reservation end up in the Crew’s Cup for a beverage.

That said, the benefits definitely outweigh the risks on this little place. The next time you need a break from Epcot or would love a table-service meal but don’t have a reservation, consider heading over to Crew’s Cup to enjoy decent food, low prices, and great service.